jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Is Google sandbox for new hubs is true?

1. ishwarya_p profile image61
    ishwarya_pposted 5 years ago

I've ran through a blog stating google implementing some sort of sandbox filter for new hubs, so new hubbers will face tough time for first 3-6 months even though they have 100 hubs! In my case it's true only one of my hub doing well that also in google's 15th position for my keyword and i've done backlink as well. Any idea or experience

1. gdon9 profile image71
      gdon9posted 5 years ago in reply to this

hmm. the same for me. my hub is not doing well on google.

2. Hovalis profile image89
      Hovalisposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Not in my experience. I've had many a hub indexed almost instantly on Google. They do the Google dance, of course, as they are indexed across all the servers, but eventually they find their position.

I have had a hub sandboxed a few years back; actually it was removed from the listing all together, for a couple of months. Eventually, though, it was reindexed and regained its previous ranking, and has been creeping up ever since. I have no idea why it fell out of Google's index (at least one other hubber had the same thing happen at the same time, also for no apparent reason). That was years ago, though. There have been many search engine updates since then.

2. simeonvisser profile image87
    simeonvisserposted 5 years ago

Source? I would love to read more about this new sandbox technology by Google if they are indeed implementing it.

Edit: this article explains it quite well: http://www.bigoakinc.com/seo-articles/g … effect.php .

ishwarya_pposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Sanbox only for new websites or even for pages?

3. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 5 years ago

Google's "sandbox" is not a new phenomenon. It's been around for years and years. It's just a mythical/factual place where new pages/sites go to until Google decides to let them out into the general index. Even pages/sites that have been around for awhile could get sent to the sandbox if they piss off the Google Gods enough. smile

ishwarya_pposted 5 years ago in reply to this

But anyhow hubpages domain authority will play major role to take our pages out from sandbox:)