jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Email from Magazine...wondering if it's legitimate

1. Sarah Masson profile image78
    Sarah Massonposted 5 years ago

Hi everyone, I asked a question but didn't get many replies. I receieved an email via Hubpages saying that a magazine launching in March 2011 needs writers. It's called Pillow Talk and I'm not sure whether it's real or not..has anyone else heard of this or receieved the same email? There were a few spelling errors so that made me wonder, any suggestions??

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

Ask yourself why they would be contacting you? It is not as though publishers are short on material.

3. PaulaHenry1 profile image69
    PaulaHenry1posted 5 years ago

Spelling errors are a true red flag- I would not accept anything from them. Sounds like a scam to me!

1. 0
      Donna Ferrierposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Another dead giveaway to  a scam would be if the email was sent to multiple recipients. Many times recipients are blind copied, so the email address will say something like "to undisclosed recipients." So, if it's sent to multiple people, even if the email addresses are showing in the address line, that's a dead giveaway that it's a scam.

You might also search google for Pillow Talk and see if anything comes up. If this person has sent such emails before, it's possible other people have already been scammed.

4. KCC Big Country profile image82
    KCC Big Countryposted 5 years ago

A Google search did come back with a Pillow Talk Magazine out of San Antonio.  I looked on Google Earth and that address appears to be in an area that could go either way (residential or commercial).  I'd do more digging if I were you.