jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Ratings System

1. Woody Marx profile image63
    Woody Marxposted 8 years ago

I would like to see some kind of change to the UP or DOWN vote people are allowed to give a hub.  I don't quite see the logic of allowing just anyone to vote as it creates an unreal dimension to the 'real' quality of the hub.  That is, if someone is simply malicious, and the internet is full of those kinds of people, they can vote a good hub right down to the ground.
    In other words, I think ONLY other Hubbers (Hubsters?) (Hubbites?) wink  should be allowed to vote up or down.

2. darkside profile image84
    darksideposted 8 years ago

One person can't vote a hub down to the ground.

3. thranax profile image59
    thranaxposted 8 years ago

Why would those people come vote a good hub down? There too busy being...hmmm idk... malicious? I don't think clicking the "Thumbs Down" is malicious lol.

4. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 8 years ago

We take a lot of things into consideration.  Not all votes are weighted equally.

5. Woody Marx profile image63
    Woody Marxposted 8 years ago

Thanks Paul.  I am glad to know that it is not just an 'open season' on shooting down hubs.  If Hubpages considers the rating that people give then I am happy with that.  I just didn't know that there was a space between what people voted UP or DOWN and the HubPages team review of it.
    As always I'm very impressed by the site and how you accommodate new writers.