jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (12 posts)

Hubscore

1. petertheknight profile image81
    petertheknightposted 6 years ago

Hello!  So, I am brand new here.  I have been writing hubs for about 3 weeks.  So far I have about 12 of them publish and I have a score of 88.  I was just wondering if a score of 88 is good for a beginner or if it should be higher.  Thanks.  Also, I was wondering if there are any tips you have for me.  It seems like the biggest one I have been told is to just keep writing and to not give up.

1. Midnight Oil profile image90
      Midnight Oilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I am also new and I have been three weeks too, but with over 20 hubs published.  I only have a Hubscore of 82 at the moment, so you are doing far better than me with less Hubs...

2. kcreery profile image59
      kcreeryposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Consistently writing hubs and participating on Hubpages will keep you score high.

2. saleheensblog profile image61
    saleheensblogposted 6 years ago

Well 88 for anyone is a good score.

Anything above 75 is good.

You have already got the best suggestion just add keyword research and on page optimization with your work and you are done.

1. petertheknight profile image81
      petertheknightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'm sorry, but do you mean add links to my page and do that little HubKarma thing?

1. saleheensblog profile image61
        saleheensblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

no hubkarma, no add link to your hub.

read this thread http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/63013#post1389381 hubs on keyword research and on page optimization has been suggested there.

3. shanmugamp profile image79
    shanmugampposted 6 years ago

My hubscore went upto 83 and suddenly got reduced to 81.. I am a newbie too..Wondering what could be the possible reason for the reduction in the hub score

1. Christy Goff profile image61
      Christy Goffposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I am really new, but I noticed that when I publish a new hub, my score drops a little, could that be the reason?

4. LeeWalls profile image60
    LeeWallsposted 6 years ago

Hello to all of you. I started about two weeks ago. As a writer I can tell you to write and if you concentrate on hubs, what are you basing your writing on; content, a grade or out to make money?

5. G Miah profile image83
    G Miahposted 6 years ago

When i was new about 14 months ago i was worried about my hubscore, and i know it is a competition and satisfying to see the hubscore increase, it actually doesn't really matter what the hubscore is!

Hubscore is only valid for Hubpages and does not affect your traffic or revenue you earn, so i wouldn't worry about it too much.

Just continue to write good quality content so that you can improve your chances of increasing your revenue, with good keywords obviously.

Good luck to everyone.

1. Rosie2010 profile image84
      Rosie2010posted 6 years ago in reply to this

thank you, G Miah, your reply helps me too.  My hubscore is very low compared to others but according to my readers, they enjoy my hubs. Based on Adsense earnings and Amazon earnings, I'm also doing better than some.  But it still bothers me that my hubscore is low.. ego must be the culprit. lol

1. Kwenbee profile image60
        Kwenbeeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I am new here too....I signed up 4 weeks ago but didn't do anything with the site until this weekend.  I am addicted now to writing hubs and am enjoying seeing the traffic on my site.  My Hubscore is low, but according to what I've read it is because I pulled the idea of my series of articles on weight loss excuses from a blog I wrote on another site.  The blog is mine and mine alone and is not copywrited by the other site, but because it appears as if it is a duplicate, my Hubscores are being ranked low.  That should change though since the rest of this series is brand new so no duplication.

working