jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (10 posts)

Hubnugget Nomination

1. jagandelight profile image87
    jagandelightposted 6 years ago

I have great news , my Hub "How to look fabulous on a dime" was nominated for the HubNugget award this week and I am ecstatic.
    Two great things happen to me this week, what a wonderful Christmas present.
    Please come on down to my Hub city and support me.

2. saleheensblog profile image61
    saleheensblogposted 6 years ago

congrats smile

Best of luck

jagandelightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thank you very much.

1. saleheensblog profile image61
        saleheensblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

If you want a bit of promotion just post the link in extreme hubmakeover forum and spread the news in FB, Twitter... wink

thanks, this is good to know and I'll do that.

2. rmcrayne profile image95
          rmcrayneposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Self promotion is not the purpose of Extreme Hub Makeover forum. 

jagandelight, altough I have seen other hubbers get by with posts similar to this one in Hubbers Hangout, I have also seen links deleted by moderators as self promotion, discouraging threads being started to promote and draw votes.

I didn't know that, I was told that i could put the web address in this forum. Will I be penalized? I am new at this and am still learning.

1. saleheensblog profile image61

you won't be penalized, you can always ask for constructive criticism in extreme hubmakeover forum. Again, the links of extreme hubmakeover forums are no follow so links on that particular forum is not usually snipped.

2. saleheensblog profile image61

wait, i have seen madie/simone encouraging school contest winners posting links in the forum for votes, I may be wrong with the mentions but I have surely seen it somewhere in HP.

3. Debby Bruck profile image87
            Debby Bruckposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I recommend listening to rmcrayne who has been around the block on Hubpages. It becomes tiring for moderators to continually repair threads and get people to follow the rules, especially when people become overly self promotional.

A good idea on hubpages is to follow some excellent authors and learn from them. So many people share what they have to know in this community. Improving your scores takes time. Patience is a virtue.

working