jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (10 posts)

Questions on writing a poem as a hub

1. Dorsi profile image91
    Dorsiposted 6 years ago

Happy Holidays fellow writers! Hope you all had a great one!
    My question is about poems.
    I recently have been inspired to write poetry again (it's been a long time!) I am finding it wonderful very creative and therapeutic at the moment.
    I'd like to publish one of the poems as a hub.
    Any ideas on how to monetize?
    A short intro on the poem or just the poem itself?
    Ideas appreciated.
    Thanks y'all!!

1. profile image0
      Sophia Angeliqueposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think you'd have to ask the people who write poems on how to monetize it.

Essentially, from my experience, only poets are interested in poetry.

1. Dorsi profile image91
        Dorsiposted 6 years ago in reply to this

This is actually a poem inspired by Valentines Day and Love. So I'm thinking about tying it with that holiday possibly.

1. saleheensblog profile image60
          saleheensblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

it's a traffic healthy niche

2. rebekahELLE profile image91
      rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi Dorsi, Happy holidays to you also. smile

I have a few poetry hubs. When I published them, I really didn't think they would get many views, but one of them does very well with searches. I have amazon products on one of them. use your key words wisely.

I gave some information about the writing process instead of just publishing the poems alone. I know when I read poems, so often I wish I knew what the poet was thinking or what the inspiration was while writing.. but I also realize that often a poem will mean what it needs to mean to the reader at the moment of reading.

love is a top searched topic.

3. speedbird profile image66
      speedbirdposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Just publish the poem 'as is' so long as it is original otherwise it can be considered as duplicate content. To monetize, use capsules for Ebay, Amazon, Kontera and Adsense. Make sure you register for these services. Looking forward to reading your poem. Good luck!

2. saleheensblog profile image60
    saleheensblogposted 6 years ago

both goes well.

A little introduction may please the search engine and will give you more keywords.

Poems receive lots of comments that's the best part of it. Keywords are picked from those and traffic is driven towards your poems. But poems don't earn a lot.

1. Dorsi profile image91

Thanks Sophia and saleheensblog.
      Unfortunately I don't think that a greeting card co.would want this one. It's a little too intense but it could drive some traffic tied in with Valentines Day and maybe I'll do some poetry books as my Amazon capsule. I really don't care too much about any big money with this one, would just like to see it get some healthy traffic.

Experimental mode here. That's what I love about HubPages!

1. saleheensblog profile image60
        saleheensblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

do a bit of keyword research, love poetry is a more profitable niche than other poetry niches.

1. Dorsi profile image91

Thanks I just now saw that!!

working