jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

My HubScore is Driving Me Insane!

1. AshleyRB profile image60
    AshleyRBposted 5 years ago

Anybody out there slightly obsessed with their hub score? I have been staring at it constantly flipping out that it won't change! I have been asking and answering questions, posting in the forum, submitted my first three hubs, etc. I am VERY serious about writing for hubpages and I want to be taken seriously. I feel like I will be overlooked with my low score.

I signed up last night but waited until today to post my hubs because I wanted to review them, but for some reason my score dropped to 26! Anybody else feeling this way sad

1. KristenGrace profile image60
      KristenGraceposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Welcome to HubPages!!  Seriously, the hubscore is not the biggest deal... I understand it can be frustrating, but give it a little time!!
      I bet if you keep doing what you're doing - writing hubs, posting in forums, answering questions... the score will rise up, and you will smile smile
      Best of luck!!

2. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

My best advice? COMPLETELY ignore your score and keep doing what you're doing.

If you just joined a day ago, it's normal for it to be low. It will slowly fluctuate based on things like interaction and traffic.

If you keep at it with good quality work, you'll hit the 90s within a month or two and won't go below that.

The score isn't an indication of you as a writer, it's merely a way to cut down on spammers creating hubs for dofollow links.

3. Randy Godwin profile image93
    Randy Godwinposted 5 years ago

In my experience, every time a new hub is posted it lowers my score for a short while until the score of the hub itself rises.  Don't concern yourself with your profile score as you've just begun here.  Worry more about the individual hub scores and your profile score will take care of itself.

And welcome to HubPages, by the way!

4. AshleyRB profile image60
    AshleyRBposted 5 years ago

Thank you all for your replies smile
    And that does make alot of sense. I noticed a ton of spam!
    It kind of frustrates me when I see people using hubpages as a blog, trying to scam people out of money, or promoting their STD dating site!

I literally saw I hub where somebody was asking for money to be wired to his account! I flagged it immediately!

What was really bothering me was the fact that my score was the same as theirs! I think that's where the desperation kicked in lol

5. KCC Big Country profile image82
    KCC Big Countryposted 5 years ago

Welcome to HubPages!  I agree with everyone else.  Forget about your hubber score.  Keep writing quality hubs, reading, commenting, learning, and participating in the forums. It'll all work itself out.  It's less important than you think.