jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

Copyright Violation - DZBlog - How do I report?

1. N. Ramius profile image81
    N. Ramiusposted 5 years ago

I found someone using DZBlog who has copied my hub. However the site is in French and the site seems to be based in Algeria or cater to Algerians? They copied my article in English, altered it slightly and replaced some words with links to Nike shoes and other ads. I don't see a report violation or anything on the site even when using Google Translate.

Is it even worth filing a DMCA complaint?

1. Right On Time profile image79
      Right On Timeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, I suppose.

1. relache profile image87
        relacheposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You may be flattered when someone steals your work and tries to mke money off of it, but I'm not.

I find DMCA complaints to be worth my time.  And I file them with the ISP when I cannot find contact info for the site registrar or admin.

2. IzzyM profile image85
      IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Of course its worth pursuing! This lowers the value of your hub in the eyes of google, and anyway those dirty thieves need to learn they can't do this!
      Email the site if at all possible. Get no action from that, email their host. You can also complain to google (not sure where the form is - someone posted it the other day) as well as file a DMCA.

3. classicalgeek profile image86
      classicalgeekposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If there is Adsense on the blog, right-click any ad and file a complaint with Google. Wait for them to take action and THEN file a DMCA complaint. Getting their income yanked will discourage them far more than a legal threat.