jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (17 posts)

Oh God - ALL 80 of My Hubs flagged for revision!

1. shangrila profile image59
    shangrilaposted 5 years ago

All 80 odd of my hubs have been marked for revision!

I have been a member for 2 years - it is just depressing and embarrassing! How can I go about revising ALL my hubs? I mean - if they had not been accepted in the first place I would have understood! I cant really go and update ALL of them. Even if I do I am scared they will come back needing revision! I used to simultaneously post content at Xomba with hubpages. But all the content is of course my own.

2. 2uesday profile image89
    2uesdayposted 5 years ago

I think if you have posted the same article (identical) in two places it is considered duplicate content.

You could contact the HubPages team and ask them to clarify the reason why.

Someone will kindly give you the link for that here soon and also probably give more insightful info on what might have happend.

3. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

I had a look at the cache of your hubs. You are breaking duplicate content rules twice over, and it's important that you read the link below:

On an ordinary hub made of original content you can only have TWO outgoing links to any one domain. Some of your hubs have three or more.
    On hubs that are NOT original work (in other words, the work may be posted in your name but is on another site, such as xomba) you are allowed no outgoing self promotional links.

1. Pcunix profile image89
      Pcunixposted 5 years ago in reply to this

How on earth does that go two years without getting noticed? I put three links in accidentally once and got flagged the moment I published it.  I also quoted liberally from one of my own pages elsewhere once and that got flagged as a duplicate instantly.

So how do hubs go two years??

2. shangrila profile image59
      shangrilaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

wrylitt - not all my hubs have three links!!!

infact - hubpages doesnt accept hubs with more links and marks them as promotional. BTW I have been a member for 3 yrs not 2 yrs.

Hubpages says "You are allowed to post content on HubPages that is also published elsewhere, like your own site or blog—but you may not place any promotional links on that Hub. "

I know however that google and Hubpages frowns upon duplicate content (even if it is your own) - but that doesnt explain the "unpublishing" of ALL my hubs.

Hubteam - I need help!!!

1. simeonvisser profile image86
          simeonvisserposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Did you have links on those hubs? Anything that is not a link to a site link Wikipedia can be considered promotion. And if your content is also on other websites then it is considered duplicate, regardless of whether you've written it or not.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image82
          Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Email them and ask them to look at them.

3. 0
      Donna Ferrierposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I find it odd that all of the hubs were unpublished. Flagged is one thing, but nowhere in the duplicate content rules that Wry posted does it say that the affected hubs will be unpublished...you'll just get a hub score penalty. So something doesn't sound right somewhere.

4. saleheensblog profile image60
    saleheensblogposted 5 years ago

Just a question; on what topics you were basically writing about?

here is the mailing address of the team http://hubpages.com/contact_us/

Please Note:
    ~more than 2 outbound links to a same domain is not allowed.
    ~Using your hubpages account for absolute soul promotion is not allowed, therefore, plenty of links from a account to a outbound domain is a TOS violation. It may be the reason.
    ~ If some of your hubs are flagged for some reason HP may take down all the hubs for human review.

will do the contact. I havent really done much "soul promotion" here.  I just dont use hubpages as much as I would like to. Many blogs are duplicates - but many haven't outbound links.

Well will contact and look to the team for guidance!

And I thot I was a veteran at online publishing :-(

Thanks for the replies

5. IzzyM profile image85
    IzzyMposted 5 years ago

I like the idea of a "soul Promotion". Where can I get one? lol

1. saleheensblog profile image60
      saleheensblogposted 5 years ago in reply to this

send Rayankett a fanmail with some of your hublinks, his profile page has a page rank of PR3. lol lol

6. Kdban101 profile image60
    Kdban101posted 5 years ago

lol lol lol

7. brchcar1445 profile image73
    brchcar1445posted 5 years ago

To be honest I think your problem does not stem from your outbound links, I think its because you were duplicate posting all of your material at Xomba. 

I used to post to a blog of mine then use the same material to my hubs, and I received the same "Needs Revision" message.

I'm not sure which is making you more money, but I think you may have to contact the HP staff and choose between Xomba and HP.  If you delete your Xomba posts they may let you keep your Hubs.  But it all depends on what their answer is.

1. Kushal101 profile image59
      Kushal101posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Since HubPages don't pay us for unique content how can they say we can't post the material somewhere, even partially for backlinks. Astonishing attitude.

8. Norah Casey profile image81
    Norah Caseyposted 5 years ago

Duplicated content was not the primary cause for moderation in this case. Content that is low quality and/or deceptively advertises live streaming content is not permitted on HubPages.

Closed to reply