jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (49 posts)

My Hub Scorse and Numbers after One Month Membership. Input, please.

1. profile image0
    Sophia Angeliqueposted 6 years ago

Hi,

I’d appreciate your evaluation of how I’m doing. According to Google Analytics, for the most part, not too well when measured against sites of the same size.

Here are my figures:
    I joined HP on November 26th.
    5580 pages with 80% from Search Engines, 9% from Referrals and 9% from HP.

72 Hubs, 85 Followers

Average Hub Score for articles 73

Hub score 92

I joined Adsense about 10 later on December 5th and have earned $12.65 to date. That works out to be 22 days worth, or about 3 weeks.

Google Analytics is measuring me against sites of the same size. I’m not sure if they’re measuring me against sites of the same duration.

How am I doing for a site that has been going for a month?
    And this is the last time, I ask! Promise!

Thanks. smile

1. profile image0
      Sophia Angeliqueposted 6 years ago in reply to this

If no one has any idea, shall I just delete this thread?

Sorry, if I asked, but it gives me an idea of whether to continue with the way I'm doing things, or I need to adjust?

1. simeonvisser profile image89
        simeonvisserposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think you need to wait a little longer than 23 minutes before deciding a thread is going nowhere.

I think your stats are far better than mine.. I'm still drawing mostly HubPages traffic but you already have most of your traffic from elsewhere. Our HubScores and HubberScores are similar and you have earned more in AdSense than me so far.

I can't really say whether you're doing good or not because I can't compare "how it should be" to your statistics. I think you need to keep writing and let your hubs mature a bit. They are doing well in terms of search engine traffic and the more people notice them, the more backlinks you will accumulate in the coming months and years.

1. profile image0

Okay, thanks. It is difficult to know, I suppose. Especially, when Google Analytics backbenching tells one that one is 50% below par! ;(

Thanks Simeon! smile

2. ChuckHuckaby profile image60
      ChuckHuckabyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think as far as pageviews go and indexing by Google the statistics are outstanding. You're probably just impatient or too demanding on yourself.

1. profile image0

I don't think it's impatience so much as ready for the next step.

I learnt a lot today from everybody contributing. This stuff takes persistence and an ability to handle the ups and down.

smile

3. J Sunhawk profile image82
      J Sunhawkposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think  you're doing fine. As others have said, give it time. Your hard work will pay off. Good luck.

4. Brooke Lorren profile image60
      Brooke Lorrenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Looks great to me.  It takes a long time to really start making money online, in many cases.  I think you're doing better than most.

1. profile image0

@J Sunhawk
        @ Brooke Lorren

thank you for your good wishes. I think things take time when one has to learn them from scratch!

I'm also trying to figure out why it takes time... smile 

But, of course, I will give it as much time as it needs.

2. saleheensblog profile image61
    saleheensblogposted 6 years ago

You are doing Excellent. 72 hubs, 6000 organic visits and 13 dollar after 4 weeks are worth praising. Most of the today's best hubbers had a far poor star.

You can ask as many time as you want tongue

Forum is a bit slow for last few days so patience?

1. profile image0

Sorry, Saleheen. I'm hard at learning this. There is so much to learn. I guess I am a little impatient and most people are with their families... smile

I'm also beginning to understand that some hubs are just hit and miss. One can do everything for them but they just don't work!!!

1. saleheensblog profile image61
        saleheensblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

smile

3. Mark Ewbie profile image83
    Mark Ewbieposted 6 years ago

Hi Sophia.

You are doing better than me.

50 hubs - been here since 1st Nov.
    Avg hub score 78.

Total visits about 3.5k of which only 5% is from outside Hubpages.

Money - less than you.

I am still waiting for the orgasmic traffic to build.

1. CASE1WORKER profile image85
      CASE1WORKERposted 6 years ago in reply to this

are you researching your latest hub?
      " the  need for "bloopers " in the 21st century?

however i believe that patience is a virtue that few of us possess-

1. Mark Ewbie profile image83
        Mark Ewbieposted 6 years ago in reply to this

bloopers? Not quite with you. 

But I am holding on in a mounting sense of anticipation and excitement, frantically clicking that Adsense account to see when it moves.

I think I would have been slightly better off collecting coins from pavements.

Good fun though.

1. CASE1WORKER profile image85
          CASE1WORKERposted 6 years ago in reply to this

omg you meant to use the o word!
          i made 1p on adsense today but i made 2p going though pockets in the dirty washing! a good source of income when you need it

Yes, I meant it...

That's 3p all together - pretty good day I reckon.

2. Amanda Severn profile image92
            Amanda Severnposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I always find the back of the sofa yields an odd coin or two when I'm desparate!

2. KHP101 profile image61
      KHP101posted 6 years ago in reply to this

@Mark Ewbie: I am still waiting for the "orgasmic" traffic to build.
                                 Interesting big_smile

1. IzzyM profile image88
        IzzyMposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I noticed that too! big_smile big_smile big_smile

Bring it on! lol

I may need to write a hub about it... that's when it finally happens of course.

4. I am DB Cooper profile image70
    I am DB Cooperposted 6 years ago

You're building at a much faster pace than the average hubber. The traffic and earnings might seem low considering the amount of work you've put in, but remember that those things tend to grow over time. Those same pages that made a total of less than $13 this past month might make you three times that next December.

1. profile image0

@ I am DB Cooper. Well, every page made me less than $13 this past month. That was my total for the entire site! OMG. Do people actually make $13 per site per month after 1 month? No wonder Google Analytics puts me as about 50% of what other sites are doing!

Thanks, anyway. It's good to know the input.

@Mark, Saleheen, it seems everybody evolves differently.

1. rmcrayne profile image94
        rmcrayneposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Perhaps you should read DB Cooper's response again. 

You REALLY need to work on your patience big_smile  You've only been here 4 weeks.  Now is a time for reading and learning.  If you turn some of your energy to reading the HP help files, reading helpful 'how to' hubs, and searching and reading the forums on topics of interest, you will find answers and trends.

1. profile image0

I have reread his post. Thank you. I can see my error. Sorry, it was ambiguous. It could be understood both ways.

I think I've read every hub help page there is and I've searched for statistics to measure my progress but can't find any.

I've always found it good to be able to pace oneself. Although I know that six months is the time that one should begin to expect things, nobody has actually given specifics about what one can expect in six months to a year.

Does one begin to earn about $1000 a month at six months, at a year, at two years? I'd love to be able to see something where there are averages. smile

Trouble is Sophia that there are no averages for different writing styles and content.  You do lovely hubs, great content - but who is to say what they are worth?

My understanding, and I am three weeks older than you so listen up (joke), is that you write the stuff and check your stats, responses, earnings.  What works?  What doesn't?

Somewhere in amongst your personal information will be big clues as to what you should be doing.

All guesswork of course.  Just my angle on it.

1. profile image0

Okay, Mark. I thought that HP might keep statistics and averages somewhere, and those that have been here the longest might have an idea...

Thanks.

I'm satsified. I'll just keep going... smile

Watch for awesome topic today - stimulated by question that is often asked on this board! smile

1. saleheensblog profile image61
                saleheensblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

it may help a bit http://hubpages.com/hub/Improve-Your-Hu … od_1969509

An unofficial earning pool of hubbers monthly earning.

1. profile image0

Thank you Saleheen - I've glued to the page and have bookmarked it!!! smile

1. IzzyM profile image88
                    IzzyMposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Sophia, I imagine most of Hubpages are quite jealous of your success so far!
                    You are doing brilliantly - just carry on as you are doing smile

2. rmcrayne profile image94

Re:  $1000 per month, the diet disclaimer in the small print comes to mind "These results are not typical".  If you dig enough or just start reading the forums over time, hubbers of all levels of experience reveal tidbits about earnings. 

Many of us have created "anniversary hubs", with various info about our journey at HP. 

Check this out from the HP blog:

http://hubpages.com/help/success-stories

1. profile image0

@ rmcrayne. You're an absolute star! That is exactly what I was looking for. smile Now I can examine their different hubs, see what they're doing, and learn from them.

thank you so very much. Much appreciated. smile

I wouldn’t take the blog results to be “average”.  These are HubPages success stories. 

I often have a look at forum threads where hubbers share their success in terms of total number of views, AdSense, Amazon etc.  I take note of how long they have been on HubPages, and how many hubs they have.  Over time, I have gotten some idea of how I stack up.  When compared to others like me, who knew nothing of earning online when we joined HubPages, I think I’m doing better than “class average”.  I started making AdSense payout monthly with my 1 year anniversary month, with 200 hubs.  Last month I was within $10 or so of $200, mostly from AdSense.  This month should be about the same. 

Another good source of info is hubs such as the one Pcunix referred to outlining his HP journey.  I wrote one at my 1 yr anniversary.  I found a lot of interesting stats on where people are in their hubbing success from the 60 Day Challenge hubs, where hubbers laid out their plan for the challenge, and shared where they were starting from in a lot of cases.  This included basic stats of views and earnings. 

It's not a sprint, it's a marathon.

1. profile image0

Well, here's the thing. I don't have any choice.l Either this works or I'm going to die on the streets. I also think that cause and effect work in this universe.

Most of my life, when I've had to do things, I've been up and running many times faster than other people, and if I hadn't have been, I wouldn't have survived. smile

Same thing heere. I understand what you are saying. And I hear you. However, I have absolutely no intention whatsoever of waiting a year before I start earning. I will unturn every stone and examine every option but I need to start earning money! smile

So, good luck to me! smile

I do, however, hear what you are saying....

Yikes!  Best of luck to you.  Please check out this thread:

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/61499

5. Pcunix profile image89
    Pcunixposted 6 years ago

You are doing great. You are doing more than I did in my first 3 months here (I have a hub about that if you are interested).

6. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 6 years ago

Sophia, I think you're doing great.  As has been said, many of us have published a "history" hub of our experience - I did one myself.  You can read them, but I really don't think you will find out much.

From this and other threads, I assume that you are not starting from square one, as many of us did.  You have experience with, and understand, SEO.  You may need to research some about on-page optimization for things unique to HubPages, but you already have a good idea of what to do.  You have apparently written before, so that's not new to you.

These things will help a great deal, but it still remains that some time is necessary.  Some new hubbers report huge traffic numbers from new hubs occasionally, but it doesn't seem to last - they are flukes that generally die after a while.

You have started exceptionally well, and have published a large number of hubs.  To me, your earnings would seem to be on the point of explosion; a couple more months of "aging" and I would expect you to be making payout on a consistent basis.  If you continue to publish new hubs I think you will be very pleased - if you don't you will be very disappointed and kicking yourself.

The first 5 months I saw a doubling or tripling of my income each month.  Now, it doesn't take much to do that when you make $.02 or $3.00, but pretty soon it is $60 or more and still doubling.  I got my first adsense payout in November, but traffic and earnings were poor that month from the holidays (which may or may not be affecting you).  December will see a check from Amazon for $12, but that's all.  January, though, will see checks for well over $200 and in February I will see a check for at least $150 from Amazon even if I don't make an Adsense payout in Jan.  It balloons with time, but only if you keep writing.  Otherwise you may see some good income gains, but the increase will fade.

Take heart and keep writing.

1. profile image0

Wildnerness, thank you. I have every intention of keeping writing. For me, this is do or die.

I'm not going to give up though I migh find it tough some days and feel down. I do see the difficulty of what is ahead. I see dark days and wonderful days, ups and downs, frustration and highs. That's the way it's going to be... I think. smile

You are right that I have several advantages. I have not gone into this blind. I have taken a calculated risk.

I've been writing on the web since its inception - or rather at the time i started communicating on the web, it had 3048 sites! And I thought that was an awful lot... smile I remember clearly thinking, "How on earth am I going to read all that?"

In addition, I trained in web design and have a certificate, so I understand HTML code, Dreamweaver, etc. And, of course, I worked for an SEO company in London in 2001/2. Plus, of course, I've been writing (professionally) for most of my life. All of this gives me an edge.

It doesn't mean that it's going to be an easy ride. I don't think so. I think what it means is if I push myself, and if I work really hard, I can develop an income in 6 months. Of course, because I never put all my eggs in one basket, I will make myself available for other writing gigs as well. I have experience as a screen writer, (well, actuall script supervisor) a ghost writer, an editor, an SEO writer, a feature writer, a commercial/copy writer, and fiction writer. All things being equal, it will help, but it will not be easy.

So, yes, I'm going to continue writing, continue researching, continue learning about SEO, and hopefully, if I can do this on enough sites, I will have an income! smile

Thank you for your kind words. And I wish you and everybody else good luck as well. We're all in this together. smile

1. wilderness profile image95
        wildernessposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Good for you!

Ups and downs, good days and bad days:

At first, any day with income was a very good day - normal days had no clicks.  Later though, clicks came most days and bad days were those with no income.  It was easy to get down on those days, especially when they stretched into a week.  Eventually, I found a better way of looking at things.

I'm finding that things still change rapidly for me - that there is always some good to be found (or if there is not, maybe I can find a reason).  For example, my pay per click has been down since before Thanksgiving, with a resulting loss of income from what I expected and a lowering of my ECPM.  At the same time, though, I have not had a clickless day for over 2 months (I even got clicks on both Thanksgiving and Christmas).  Guess which figure I dwell on!  I've also seen an enormous increase in Amazon sales through the Christmas season.  Forget Adsense - I made money on Amazon, and more than I ever did on Adsense! 

I can always find something to be pleased about.  I helps my motivation a lot if I can do that and ignore (or at least not dwell on) the negative things that will inevitably happen.  And with motivation high and feeling good I'm happier about writing and probably do a better job.

1. profile image0

Wilderness, I think I understand that. I suppose today started off well enough, and then I was exploring google analystics and there was this section on benchmarking... and all of a sudden I wasn't happy at all!!!

wink

However, so many people provided me with a lot of good info today and with info applied, I can move forward. smile

So, two steps forward, one step back, I think!!

Have a good evening, I'm on my way out now.

regards,

7. Misha profile image74
    Mishaposted 6 years ago

For your first month you are doing great, I think 99 plus percent hubbers did worse than you in their first month. I certainly did not come anywhere close. smile

1. Taleb80 profile image82
      Taleb80posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Misha
      I agree with you, but I think that Sophia is a good marketer for herself.
      I think she knows that all her scores are perfect.
      She knows how attract the people & I will be one of her follower after a minute.
      Good luck for all

working