jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Keywords vs tags

1. Karen Ray profile image83
    Karen Rayposted 5 years ago

I'm trying to figure out the difference in keywords and tags. I add tags, but when I check my hubs stats where it shows keywords, they say no keywords found.

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or exactly where to look to find out. Any information appreciated.

1. simeonvisser profile image87
      simeonvisserposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Tags are words or phrases that you add to your hub. This helps readers and search engines to see what you hub is about. Tags are added by you.

You can also find more info here:

The keywords in the stats tab are the keywords that people typed in and they have found your hub with those keywords. It can take some time for those keywords to appear (even when you see you have traffic from search engines).

Keywords are also phrases that you can work into your articles. This makes it easier for people to find your articles when they search for those keywords.

Karen Rayposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for your response. That helps me a lot - thanks for the link too. I'll check that out.

2. saleheensblog profile image60
    saleheensblogposted 5 years ago

Keywords are the search terms through which internet surfers search for their aimed web resources. Each and every word and phrase is keyword of your hub.

According to hubpages, "Tags are keywords and phrases that describe your Hub. Tags can be important for people using a search engine to find Internet material on topics. They alert the search engines that you have relevant material on the topic described by the tag.

Let’s say you were creating tags for a Hub on a pistachio ice cream recipe. Your tags might include words and short phrases such as recipe, ice cream, ice cream recipe, simple ice cream recipe, and pistachio ice cream, (among others). You should try to include about 12 tags per Hub."

So, tags are those keywords that especially for which you want your hubs to get found and ranked for.

The stat you are talking about is shown to you based on how search engine traffics more precisely through which search terms found your hubs. As no keywords are found it means either there is not enough data for you to serve with as you haven't got enough SE traffic or all your hubs are so well researched that people found your hubs with only your used tags that is more unlikely.

Karen Rayposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I appreciate the detailed response. That helps clear it up for me.