jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (15 posts)

Problems with Amazon Adsense

1. tlpoague profile image88
    tlpoagueposted 6 years ago

I don't know if anyone else is having or had this problem, but I recieved an email stating "We noticed that you were accepted to the Amazon.com Associate Program several weeks ago but have yet to refer a sale." It gave links on how to post Amazon links to a person's web page.
    I went to the Amazon page and clicked on the check link to see if the link was working. It was not. (I found out through a helpful fellow hubber that Amazon link checker doesn't work with HP.)
    After talking to an Amazon agent, he informed me that someone else was collecting on my revenue.
    So, my question is this...how can you find out if someone else is collecting on your revenue? (I only use the Amazon Capsles provided by HP instead of linking directly to Amazon with my id tag.)

1. classicalgeek profile image88
      classicalgeekposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Have you checked your affiliate link on your hubpages account?

2. tlpoague profile image88
    tlpoagueposted 6 years ago

Yes and it seems to be working. I go straight to my amazon adsense log-in page.

1. classicalgeek profile image88
      classicalgeekposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Try "view source" in your browser and look at the HTML code. Your Amazon ID should be displayed there. If it is correct, I don't know what is going on. These things are supposed to be fairly foolproof.

1. tlpoague profile image88
        tlpoagueposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I looked and didn't see my HTML code. What line would the code be placed on? I looked throughout the whole page and didn't see my Amazon ID.

1. saleheensblog profile image60
          saleheensblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

forget it, you don't need to check.

3. thisisoli profile image62
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

The AMazon agentmay be wrong, remember Hubpages Amazon ID is displayed around 40% of the time.  Chances are you have just not made a sale yet.

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That was kind of my thought - is it HubPages that is collecting on their 40%, and with only one or two sales they got it all just by the luck of the draw?

4. saleheensblog profile image60
    saleheensblogposted 6 years ago

I have got this email 3 times, feel free to ignore it.

1. Abbasangel profile image81
      Abbasangelposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Darn, I haven't got mine yet? How long does it take for them to send them out?

lol I received the first one after three months, then again in 4th and 5th month

Ah guess I have to wait a bit longer then!!! smile

I wish you will get your first sell soon and never get that mail. tongue

That of course would be nicer, but I know traffic blah blah blah!! smile Oh well I am working on it... it takes time.... and Niches blah blah blah.... and keywords.... sales hubs... too busy working on the finance comp ones.....

5. sunforged profile image63
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

amazon/adsense - completely different programs!

you can manually check for your id by right clicking and copying link, or just mouseover and reading link on bottom of browser..

your id seems to be:

http://www.amazon.com/AcneFree-Severe-A … 2%26tag%3D  hubpages041a-20  %26linkCode%3Dxm2%26camp%3D2025%26creative%3D165953%26creativeASIN%3DB000KK53L6

as long as the bolded id matches the one on the left top side of your amazon associates account - then you should be fine.

i peeked at the hubs while looking for the id for you and its ot surprising that amazon sales have not occurred, your just not writing to a product search crowd.

working