jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Bringing my Blog posts into Hubpages

1. pharmacist profile image94
    pharmacistposted 5 years ago

Hello Friends,

I have a question.  I have used Hubpages primarily to try and provide useful information related to prescription medications and pharmacy-related concerns.  I'm a pharmacist.  I also have a separate blog in which I post more devotional reflections.  Basically I have kept those 2 areas separated.

But over time I have come to see that Hubpages is really suitable for all sorts of writing, not just "informational", but also opinions, beliefs, reflections, etc.

So...here is my question...can I begin to move the content from my devotional blog over to Hubpages without violating any Adsense or Hubpage rules?  The exact same content will be in 2 different places.  Will it look like I have "stolen" the material from elsewhere...even though it is my material?

I apologize if this is a silly question.  I appreciate the help.

Very sincerely,

1. Abbasangel profile image81
      Abbasangelposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It's not a silly question. The only problem would be if anyone has copied that content and spammed it all over the internet then it will get picked up in "duplicate" content.

I think HP see it reasonable as being on another website. I think... I am new here too....

2. saleheensblog profile image59
    saleheensblogposted 5 years ago

You can't do it without violating hubpages' and Google's TOS. Your content will be marked as duplicate and both your blog and hubs will be penalized by Google. Hubpages will penalize you as well.

3. lrohner profile image85
    lrohnerposted 5 years ago

Yes you can and it is not a violation of HubPage's TOS. You should first read: http://hubpages.com/faq/#duplicate_content which says:

You are allowed to post content on HubPages that is also published elsewhere, like your own site or blog—but you may not place any promotional links on that Hub.  That being said, a pattern of publishing duplicate content will negatively affect your HubScore, as we prefer to reward authors who publish content unique to HubPages. Please note that it does not matter whether or not you are the original author of this content.

Now that we've established that you can do it, is it a smart thing to do? No. Would I do it? Never. What I would do is to use my blog to create unique 100- to 200-word posts about a hub and then give a link to the individual hub.

1. saleheensblog profile image59
      saleheensblogposted 5 years ago in reply to this

4. simeonvisser profile image87
    simeonvisserposted 5 years ago

I would not do this either. A blog is more diverse as you can also post short snippets that do not have to comply to any rules. On HubPages short hubs will often get flagged for being sub-standard as we expect articles, not short texts. You can write essays and opinions on HubPages however and if you feel you wish to move everything to HubPages then that is possible. But personally I would keep them separate as a blogging platform and HubPages serve different purposes.

5. pharmacist profile image94
    pharmacistposted 5 years ago

Thanks to all for your information and advice.  I think I will leave the blog where it is, but consider posting new material here on Hubpages to generate more discussion and interest.  Thanks again!!