Did man come from Israel instead of Africa?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (30 posts)
  1. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 13 years ago

Have you read about these latest discoveries?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ … n-man.html

1. Kushal101 profile image59
      Kushal101posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Believe to be so. Israel and India have the most ancient and civilized cultures, it's a long known scientific fact.  It only natural if man's origin have been from one of the two places.

2. Mark Knowles profile image59
      Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You need to be careful what you believe from the Daily Mail. They are claiming that "human remains" have been discovered. This is not the case. 8 teeth that may be human or neanderthal have been discovered.

Interesting, but premature to write a headline "did the first humans come out of the middle east"?

1. habee profile image93
        habeeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Mark, a similar story is on MSNBC, Huffington Post, Yahoo, the Miami Herald, AOL, Forbes, USA Today, CBS, etc. And all the articles have a similar headline.

I realize that teeth are not a good indicator, but the MSNBC article said this:

"Other artifacts found in the cave — including flint blades as well as animal bones that appeared to be cut in a characteristic way — led the researchers to conclude that modern humans lived in the cave. Radioisotope dating suggests that the cave was occupied between 400,000 and 200,000 years ago."

The remains might very well be from Neanderthals, but I think it's exciting news, just the same!

1. Mark Knowles profile image59

lol News? OK - if that is what you want to call it. I just read what the actual researchers said. But - you go with it and call it news if you want. 400,000 to 200,000 years is a very, very big time gap. wink

2. Midnight Oil profile image82
    Midnight Oilposted 13 years ago

It all depended where the alien ship crashed or landed - was it the middle east, Africa or India, or was there multiple landings? Ancient buildings, statues and writings etc are far too advanced for a mammal that fell out of a tree.  We are yet to discover the missing link, but I think it will be a the wreck of a space ship, not a skeleton.

Or have we already found the wreck of a space ship?  Stored in Area 51?

1. I am DB Cooper profile image64
      I am DB Cooperposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I find that theory interesting, although I have trouble believing a living creature that can build a ship capable of interplanetary travel would become so primitive once it crashed on Earth. I mean, as advanced as some ancient structures are, we do not find any evidence of electronics or other advanced communications equipment, unless of course it's being hidden from us.

Communication and the effect it has on collaborative scientific research (the very reason the internet was originally created) is going to be critical to our advancement as a species as we transition from beings that survive on this planet to beings that thrive throughout the galaxy. We are still quite primitive compared to the alien space travelers we conjure up in science fiction novels. Think about it. We get most of our energy from digging black stuff out of the ground, we use more resources than we can give back (unsustainable in the long term) and we've never sent a person farther from our planet than the orbit of our own moon. We're clearly a step above cavemen, but it's not a very big step.

3. getitrite profile image71
    getitriteposted 13 years ago

It's exciting  news, because we no longer have to believe that we came from Africa, Right?  Yay!

4. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 13 years ago

I think all discoveries like this are fascinating! To me, even if the teeth are from Neanderthals, I think it's very interesting. But then, I have an interest in ancient tools, as I collect them myself. One of my prized possessions is a large, perfect Paleo point I found - perhaps 10,000 years old. Sorry if my enthusiasm offended. Geesh. I'm just a dumb ol' country hick and not as jaded as you sophisticated cosmopolites. lol

Evidently, I'm not the only one who found this news, however!

I think discoveries like this are fascinating also. Why wouldn't I? Making assumptions and nonsensical claims which include headlines like "Did we come from Israel instead of Africa," which have already started yet another religious argument in the comment section of the article you linked to? No - not so much.

1. Kushal101 profile image59
        Kushal101posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hard to imagine one can get a spat in this forum for even posting a news.
        Post something interesting and be ready to get beaten for being racist /fanatic/unscientific.

Aww - sorry to stick to the facts. How boring. Go - shout a headline!

2. habee profile image93

Still think we're all open-minded here on HP?

Open minded is not believing every piece of nonsense that comes your way. wink

1. habee profile image93

Why do you think this discovery is nonsense? Do you think the findings are nonsense, or do you think the article is nonsense because you think the "discovery" was made up and never actually happened?

2. habee profile image93

Huh? I'm not using this as a religious argument. What comments?? The discovery site is in Israel. What should the headline read - "Did we come from Mexico instead of Africa"? I'm sure you read enough to know that many archeologists have doubted the findings in Africa as being the oldest. Spain comes to mind.

Too lazy to read the religious argument on the article you linked to?

Oh well - It is all me then. OK - I am persecuting you. lol

1. habee profile image93

Sorry, Mark. I'm missing something. I just read the article again, and I still don't see any religious argument there. Maybe I'm just getting the first page??

I don't mind being persecuted by you - except on the weekends. I generally take those off. lol

There are 148 comments on that article. wink

2. profile image56
      C.J. Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

DO NOT APPROACH THE SACRED ALTER OF DARWINISM WITH A QUESTIONING MIND! ALL OF THE SKELETAL REMAINS THAT DARWINISM IS FOUNDED ON ARE COMPLETE. THEY ARE RE-TESTED WITH EACH SCIENTIFIC ADVANCE. ALL DATA IS 100% CORRECT. YOUR TIME WOULD BE BETTER SPENT IN A "SPIT FOR DISTANCE" CONTEST! NOW GO AWAY YOU UNWASHED HILLBILLY!LMAO.

If anything - this simply adds to the body of evidence proving humans were not created by a invisible super being, and instead evolved by non-random mutations over millions of years. But jumping to conclusions and producing headlines like this simply gives religious people ammo when proven incorrect. I pity you, but I can see why you are so very angry. sad

1. profile image56

Don't you be pittee'n me. I'm rat as rain. I was just funnin about wit Habee.

2. Midnight Oil profile image82
          Midnight Oilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"non-random mutations over millions of years." - you have been shaking my family tree again !! wink

5. rebekahELLE profile image84
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

habee, the NOVA site of PBS always has interesting articles and reports. they also have an article about the findings.
    http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/ancient/

1. habee profile image93

Thanks, Bek! I'll check it out there.

6. Don Simkovich profile image61
    Don Simkovichposted 13 years ago

I don't know if man first came from Israel or Africa. However, I'm originally from western PA and I do know that Ligonier in Westmoreland County, 50 miles east of Pittsburgh, used to have as its town slogan "Gateway to the West." So stuff that, St. Louis folks!

Ft Ligonier was the last major base for the British before going in to beat the French at Ft. Duquense. Hard to imagine the Duquense Steelers vying for a first-round 'bye.

7. Don Simkovich profile image61
    Don Simkovichposted 13 years ago

In all seriousness, glad you posted this Habee. It's an important topic.

8. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 13 years ago

Thanks, Don!

Mark, you're referring to comments made by readers?? If so, I rarely read those. Anyway, I really don't see how this could be used for a Biblical argument, anyway. Most Bible scholars think the Garden of Eden was in Africa or present-day Iraq - not Israel.

1. profile image56

Also if true it makes the earth older, something biblical scholars don't believe

9. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 13 years ago

True, CJ. It would make man older.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)