jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Hub may be promotional...too many links...?

1. EyeWannaKnow profile image61
    EyeWannaKnowposted 5 years ago

I just published a hub, and it has a warning that it may be overly-promotional because it links to the same site 3 or more times.

The only site I am linking to more than once is PhotoBucket.  I used some photos and am trying to credit the artists.  If this is it, how do I credit the people who took the picture?

My hub is at:  http://hubpages.com/hub/Government-By-T … The-People

If you do not mind, could you check it out and tell me what to do?

Thanks in advance!  big_smile

2. saleheensblog profile image61
    saleheensblogposted 5 years ago

yes links from photos are also counted. take photos from different sources.

1. EyeWannaKnow profile image61
      EyeWannaKnowposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you.  I find it odd that I can't link to the source, even when each photo is by a different person.  I don't like the idea of not posting the source...

1. lrohner profile image84
        lrohnerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You absolutely can link to the source - just don't make it a live link. If you're using the photo capsule, put the link in the "caption" section or something that will not make it a live hyperlink.

And frankly, it doesn't have to be a link. Quite frequently I will refer to a photo as Flickr/Photog's name.

3. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 5 years ago

I have not run into this (I use almost all my own photos) but my understanding is that URL's in the photo credits count as links, which of course they are. 

Can you give credit without using a link?  Perhaps just the artist's name?  I believe that would solve the problem.

4. karenfreemansmith profile image60
    karenfreemansmithposted 5 years ago

I believe it said something about "big" sites (like wikipedia) don't count against you as being overly promotional links.  Photo bucket is probably a big site in this case, but the software that checks it may not know that, so it passes it on to a human to verify where the links are going.