How many Amazon sales are you from your next threshold?

Jump to Last Post 1-31 of 31 discussions (73 posts)
  1. darkside profile image63
    darksideposted 13 years ago

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/G/01/associates/2010/volume_rates_table._V192206938_.gif

1. wavegirl22 profile image49
      wavegirl22posted 13 years agoin reply to this

just a bit under 100 or so for me ...but I am not complaining. Amazon has been good to me this month! Few days left and your never know.. I just may get to that next notch! All in all ,my numbers are all up and I am hitting my targets!

2. Mark Knowles profile image57
      Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

185 - would you mind doing me a favor - I think I am going to miss. sad

darksideposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There's at least 200 items on Amazon I'd love to buy for myself. Not sure my wife will be all that impressed if I did though.

1. Mark Knowles profile image57
          Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It is down to 139 - I might make it yet. Maybe - some cheap stuff? Box of condoms or something......... sad

2. thisisoli profile image70
          thisisoliposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I got a barrage of e-mails when the performance plan came about, not sure how you all missed it!

When was the change introduced. I know it was a while back.

1. thisisoli profile image70
              thisisoliposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It was a long while back, probably around 7-8 years-ish.

That would have been during a time that I call the 'Amazon Slump'. Where I would have paid very little attention at all to Amazon and made so few sales that it wouldn't have mattered anyway.

Though I had been under the impression in the last three years (for some reason) that I was on the new system.

3. albc profile image61
      albcposted 13 years agoin reply to this

56 to the next higher percentage, a miracle would do me a favour..

4. lakeerieartists profile image63
      lakeerieartistsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What a sweet offer!  I am 99 away.  Think you could buy all 99??  smile

2. darkside profile image63
    darksideposted 13 years ago

I'll be purchasing 10 items with my Amazon Associates Gift Card. The thing is though, it will earn 0% commission for whoever wants the referral.

However, if anyone is up to 10 items away from getting into the next advertising fee rate bracket, then it will actually benefit them with a higher percentage rate.

So if anyone can benefit from this, post in this thread and let me know. I'll of course need their Amazon Associate ID so I can create the URLs, eg: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/ … SOCIATE_ID but I can email you for that.

I'd like to know within the next 12 hours if anyone wants to take up this opportunity because I want to do this order soon.

1. salt profile image60
      saltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Its 16 hours later, if you havent had a reply by now.;.. Id be happy to take the referrals - Salt! Otherwise good luck and very merry xmas and new year.

Sorry, already taken.

3. profile image0
    Hovalisposted 13 years ago

I'm 20 away from my next threshold of 7.5% with about 16 to ship. That would definitely get me over the line. smile

If I give you five each you should both get over the line?

1. kirstenblog profile image79
        kirstenblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It sure would seem so, would also be the first time reaching this commission % (fun huh!). Of course I may only need four if the last item sold would only ship! Grrr!

Then again if it counts for next month that is cool too, my first 5 this month were carried over from the month before and got me past the first commission tier fairly quickly smile

1. profile image0
          Hovalisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It's fun going up another tier. This will do the same for me. Last month was my first at 7%, so hopefully this will be my first at 7.5%. I'll cross my fingers for you. smile

Thanks! I really need to do more product hubs that get traffic. I just am totally amazed since last year this time I had only just made my first sale and it took ages to see any regularity in those sales, this year I have had lots of fun. What will next year be like? lol (probably even better!)

2. profile image0
        Hovalisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It will get me over the line, especially since I have the others to ship. Thanks so much. smile

3. albc profile image61
        albcposted 13 years agoin reply to this

darkside with a white heart, the force be with you

4. kirstenblog profile image79
    kirstenblogposted 13 years ago

I am currently 5 items away from the next tier and have an item waiting t be shipped [who knows how long that will take and my first regualar bracket button has stopped working hence the square ones]

5. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

I've also had an exceptional month, reaching 7.50% a few days ago, but I'm nowhere near the 8% rate, even with the 75 outstanding items still to ship. A lot of them were from the start of the month and I think they must have been cancelled sad

It is possible but I have had items stay in my ordered area for almost a month before being shipped. They may not be returned and just be taking forever to ship for some reason smile
      It has happened to me so maybe you will get lucky too big_smile

6. profile image0
    EmpressFelicityposted 13 years ago

As of yesterday, I'm 53 items away from the 7.00% tier.

Provided I sell a few more items this month I should actually make over $100 - the first time ever that my monthly Amazon earnings are in three figures!

Ohhh I got my fingers crossed for you! Do let us know if you manage it so we can hit you up for drinks lol wink

1. profile image0
        EmpressFelicityposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It'll have to be virtual drinks - they're the only ones I can afford at the mo!

http://www.cocktailtimes.com/original/jose_clasico/top_invisible.jpg

2. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It's my first time, too, empress!  Fun, isn't it?

On the downside, I only have 31 sales, so if even one is returned I lose that tier.  At least I shouldn't lose the 6% level - that's the one that counts at this level of sales.

1. profile image0

If you've made (or almost made) $100 in 31 sales then you must be doing something right big_smile

7. pisean282311 profile image63
    pisean282311posted 13 years ago

i am 13 away from being at 6.5

8. profile image0
    ssaulposted 13 years ago

you guys are amazing i am still waiting for that first one, any advice?

1. profile image0

I took a random look at six of your hubs and didn't find any Amazon capsules.  I'm guessing that might be possible reason lol

Seriously, you need to write actual product hubs, about products you're interested in (even passionate about) and have some knowledge of, aimed at people who are actually looking to buy whatever-it-is online.

1. Pcunix profile image90
        Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You think?  :-)

Honestly, I don't understand all this Amazon stuff and I guess I had better look into it, because although I should be in the second tier based on numbers, I see only 4% on most things.  I know part of it is that Electronics are capped at 4%, but (for example) I usually sell at least 8-10 books every month and only get 4%. 

I bet somewhere along the line there was some email from them I should have paid closer attention to smile

Ooops - I think I see why - I never opted into the "Performance Plan".  See https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/gp … /main.html if some of you neglected that little detail too.

What still is not clear to me is why I would NOT always want to be in the Performance based plan?

1. profile image0

Beats me!  I'd never seen that particular page/link before, so thanks for pointing it out.  Makes me wonder how come you had to opt in, whereas I must be opted in by default?

I've been with Amazon since forever..  long before they had this option.

At some point, they probably sent email telling me all about this but I never looked into it.

My average Amazon earnings will nearly double most months and may even go higher sometimes.

Duh!  It pays to read junk email!

lol You are in for a real landslide in earnings here! Any big ticket item really does want to be able to earn a higher % and if you are already bringing in good sales you should find your earnings are way more! big_smile

Sucks you lost out before but at least now you will get better commissions in the future cool

Oh well, no sense crying over spilt money, right?

Oh, wait: you can pick up spilt money.  And since It is not yet the end of the month, by converting now, I magically change $32.66 into some larger figure. Not tremendously larger, of course, but definitely larger. And all I had to do was click a button!

That is actually pretty cool for you! So are the drinks on you then? lol

2. Pcunix profile image90
        3. mistyhorizon2003 profile image87
          mistyhorizon2003posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for this tip and link Pcunix, I too am guilty of somehow 'missing' that email and must have been on 'Classic' all along. Thanks to you I have now changed to 'Performance' instead.

4. prettydarkhorse profile image55
          prettydarkhorseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the link Pc, I checked mine,

5. darkside profile image63

Because I had been in the program for 10 or so years I never realised until a few months ago that I too was on the flat rate fee. My wife was on the newer payment model and one day when checking her stats and seeing that she was X away from going up to the X% I realised that I had never had that on my account.

When I changed it it actually retroactively bumped up my current month. The difference was impressive yet also tinged with sadness as I kicked myself over all that revenue I left sitting on the table for the previous... well however long the newer system had been in.

9. emievil profile image67
    emievilposted 13 years ago

I have 23 orders, with 20 shipped, so that means I'm on the 2nd tier, which is my best so far.

By the way DS, I've used my first $20 or so commission / gift card to buy an Amazon gift for my niece in the US. Guess I should have thought of doing what you're going to do but I'll keep this in mind next time I want to buy another gift from Amazon smile.

Yeah, it's nice to share the love.

Both Kirsten and Hovalis got back to me last night and it's now done. Fingers crossed it all goes as planned/expected/speculated.

10. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

I'm more than 10 away from reaching 7.00, but once it starts rolling, it does seem to build momentum. yesterday I had a 300% conversion. fun to see.

11. saleheensblog profile image60
    saleheensblogposted 13 years ago

I have one sell to date tongue I earned .34$ big_smile I need 6 more for the next threshold. sad

12. Vcize profile image62
    Vcizeposted 13 years ago

Pretty impressive that you guys are up in the 7+% range.  I'm lucky to get into tier 2 most months :p.

13. Sunnyglitter profile image83
    Sunnyglitterposted 13 years ago

I have zero sales from Amazon, so I guess I need 7 to reach the next tier.  smile

14. prettydarkhorse profile image55
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

Hi ds, this is a good post, nice way to help others, am too way far to the next tier so a ten or even a hundred will not help me anymore. I reached 7.5 for the first time last week and am really thankful for that. I learned a lot from many people here, you are one of them. Thanks and Happy New year!

15. KCC Big Country profile image85
    KCC Big Countryposted 13 years ago

I lack about 80 to reach 7.50%....not real likely this late in the month.

16. thisisoli profile image70
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

I'm a little shy of 500 off the 8.25% mark.

17. thisisoli profile image70
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

If I remember rightly the difference between the classic and performance plan is that performance has earning caps (ie laptops & $25)

In the past it used to be that if you sold high value items then you stuck to the classic plan, if you sold a lot of smaller value items you went on to performance.

Both plans have been tweaked a little since then though.

I haven't looked at the details, but given how few laptops I've ever sold, I think I am far better off this way.

Until becoming active here, 99% of my sales have been books.  I'll get at least a 2% bump on those.  I doubt that cap will affect me - you need something worth moe than $600 and an awful lot of stuff is under that.

The figures have been adjusted: from $32.66 to $48.10.

Well, THAT was a click worth the effort it required, wasn't it?

18. Midnight Oil profile image83
    Midnight Oilposted 13 years ago

I have a big fat 'O' plus 'O' which equals Zero, but I have only around for a few weeks.

On the positive side, it can't get any less tongue

19. Pcunix profile image90
    Pcunixposted 13 years ago

By the way, back before Adsense, I used to make much more money from Amazon:

7/3/2000     2000 Quarter 2 Referral Fees     $86.34     $86.34
    10/2/2000     2000 Quarter 3 Referral Fees     $73.49     $73.49
    7/1/2002     2002 Quarter 2 Referral Fees     $107.73     $107.73
    10/1/2002     2002 Quarter 3 Referral Fees     $112.97     $112.97
    4/1/2003     2003 Quarter 1 Referral Fees     $77.44     $162.17
    7/7/2003     2003 Quarter 2 Referral Fees     $87.85     $87.85
    .. Adsense starts 6/19/2003
    10/2/2003     2003 Quarter 3 Referral Fees     $60.88     $60.33
    1/2/2004     2003 Quarter 4 Referral Fees     $75.77     $75.77
    4/1/2004     2004 Quarter 1 Referral Fees     $49.35     $49.35
    7/6/2004     2004 Quarter 2 Referral Fees     $47.96     $47.96
    10/3/2004     2004 Quarter 3 Referral Fees     $31.93     $31.93
    1/6/2005     2004 Quarter 4 Referral Fees     $27.28     $27.28

But even the very first partial month with Adsense was far more than I had ever earned with Amazon, so I started paying a lot more attention to that.

20. N. Ramius profile image74
    N. Ramiusposted 13 years ago

If I can sell another 44 items I will hit 7% thugh I still don't know what I am doing.

21. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 13 years ago

I'm just four items away from 7%. Grrrr! C'mon Amazon, ship some more stuff!

22. barryrutherford profile image75
    barryrutherfordposted 13 years ago

I still have no sales on Amazon tongue

makes me wonder if I am  set up right...

23. Mutiny92 profile image65
    Mutiny92posted 13 years ago

a bit more than 100 off of 7.5% - but I am happy!  Its my first Christmas on HP and can't wait to see what next year will bring!

24. Ign Andy profile image58
    Ign Andyposted 13 years ago

860 items away from my first 8.25%. I'm not sure I can hit that number until next Christmas.

1. Wendy Krick profile image64
      Wendy Krickposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm 922 away for 8.25. I don't think I'll do it by the end of the month. But I'm so grateful. This has been the best month ever.

25. SunSeven profile image61
    SunSevenposted 13 years ago

Glen, you are Lion-Hearted smile
    Dec 2010 is the best month I had with Amazon without creating too many sales oriented hubs. Far away from 7.5% though. Crossed $500 for the first time from Amz.
    Warm Regards

26. lakeerieartists profile image63
    lakeerieartistsposted 13 years ago

Pcunix, glad you adjusted your Amazon.

27. kirstenblog profile image79

Well the mission was a success! One item shipped already too and it was worth a commission! Glen YOU ROCK!!!!! cool

Brilliant!

I noticed that one item was shipped before the others. I ordered 9 books and 1 DVD. Fingers crossed they send off all the books before they finish up work on Friday at 5pm big_smile

I definitely have my fingers crossed!
        I have a few decent priced items for this month and one pretty big fish so hopefully it will push my earnings up even more. big_smile

28. sagebrush_mama profile image61
    sagebrush_mamaposted 13 years ago

I'm 243 items short of 8%...don't think I'll get there!  smile
    This is the first time I made it to 7.5, so I'm pleased.  My husband is shaking his head, can't believe how well I did...didn't really tell him much about my hubbing until a couple of months ago, when I started to get payouts over $100.  Between November and December, my combined earnings for Amazon have exceeded $1000...not bad for a stay-at-home mom's side income!

1. Wendy Krick profile image64
      Wendy Krickposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Not bad at all.

29. 2uesday profile image65
    2uesdayposted 13 years ago

Two of my sales waiting to be shipped are standing between me and the next threshold. I guess that's the way the cookie crumbles sometimes. smile

30. profile image0
    Hovalisposted 13 years ago

Thanks to Darkside I am now over the threshold, despite having one return. :-) Now only 300 odd to the next one. I don't think I'll quite make it. ;-)

Me too! big_smile
      Darkside, you are so cool! cool
      Stats literally just updated! I also think this might just push me to a payout as well, I was sooooo close before! I don't even care if I have to wait till the end of next month since I think I just missed this payday, oh well. It will hopefully be a nice little check when it comes big_smile

Darkside, I could kiss you for this!

http://media.merchantcircle.com/28053710/cartoon%20red%20lips_thumb.jpeg

31. kirstenblog profile image79

Just checked and yup, you pushed me past the payout threshold!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)