jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

New feature: Link suggestion tool should show HubScore of hub

1. simeonvisser profile image87
    simeonvisserposted 5 years ago

The link suggestion tool should show the HubScore of a suggested hub and not the score of the Hubber. It is very nice to know that a Hubber has a high personal score but I would really like to see the score of the hub. I want to link to hubs that are relevant and that have  high HubScore. I now have to visit the hub manually because the popup of the hub shows only the hub's contents, not the HubScore.

Please provide a way to see the HubScore of a hub in the link suggestion tool.

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Just my opinion, but if you are paying that much attention to a hubs score, you are wasting your time.  Even a high author score does not guarantee that every hub written is high quality - we all have poor hubs.

Hub score varies far to wildly, and starts too low, to use it as a guide to the quality of the hub.

If a hub receives little traffic (and has a low score as a result) does that mean it's low quality and should not be read by your viewer?  Or does it mean it's relatively new?  Or about a subject that has low search numbers?  Or that it has a poor selection of key words but is very well written as an informative hub?

I would never link to a hub that I have not read completely and evaluated myself as useful to my reader.  The numbers mean next to nothing in this context.

1. simeonvisser profile image87
        simeonvisserposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I agree to a certain extent but my point is that I want to see both the score and the contents of a hub. I will scan the hub that I'm about to link to for obvious signs of quality like writing style, contents and layout. I don't need to read every sentence to determine whether a hub is good quality, relevant and useful. If the contents of the hub are relevant then I'll most likely link to it anyway.

I don't really want to ignore the score because I don't want it to reflect badly on my hubs (whatever the scoring system might mean)...

2. lrohner profile image85
    lrohnerposted 5 years ago

Ditto what Wilderness said. I think you're putting too much thought into HubScores. I don't find them a good indicator of anything at all. In fact, my second-highest hub in terms of traffic and earnings is well thought out, laid out and researched (if I do say so myself) smile, and yet its score is usually in the low- to mid-70s. And then I have hubs that I didn't put as much thought or research into that get 1/20th of the traffic and make little money, and they have scores in the 90s. Go figure.

I used to think that 60 was some kind of magical cutoff -- below that and the hub is probably duplicate or has other issues. But it could also be that the hub is just new. I published one last night that had a hubscore of 50 when I published. It will definitely rise over time, but I'd hate to think that someone judged the hub on its initial score.