jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Do you get excited when your articles earn right away?

1. Sunnyglitter profile image85
    Sunnyglitterposted 6 years ago

I wrote 2 articles yesterday.  One has already earned .64 on Adsense, and the other has earned .01.

I always take it as a good sign when they start earning right away, although occasionally, I'll have an article earn a lot for the first few months, then die off completely (even after I tweak it).  sad

1. simeonvisser profile image86
      simeonvisserposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I must say that has never happened with my articles but I did earn some money after a while. But it's nice to see results so quickly smile

Sunnyglitterposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Waiting does usually pay off.  I have 29 articles on another site, and I went from making .12 a month to $25 a year later.  Time definitely helps!  smile

1. simeonvisser profile image86
          simeonvisserposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Phew smile I'm just making sure I'm happy with every hub I publish and I'll continue to do so. I have made a few dollars so far but as time goes on that will become more.

2. saleheensblog profile image61
    saleheensblogposted 6 years ago

Yes, i become excited whenever I get an organic visit.

Me too, Saleheen!

3. Vcize profile image59
    Vcizeposted 6 years ago

Yea not as much, because like you said mine tend to spike early and then just kind of fade off.  I guess that's because I'm not doing much SEO work to them afterwards.

What are you doing to promote them to keep bringing those earnings up?

I post them on Craigslist under "General Community" (and I do get quite a few hits from there, which surprised me at first), Facebook, Twitter, and my personal blog (when I remember, which I usually don't).

I'm kind of bad about article promotion; I think if I worked on backlinking and all that good stuff more often, I'd make a lot more money.  I've been fortunate enough to have people link my article on their own; one of my EHow articles has over 70,000 views thanks to a site who decided to link to it.  smile

working