jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

question about google rankings

1. twisteddman profile image78
    twisteddmanposted 8 years ago

My Recumbent bicycling for beginners hub was just starting to gain a lot of traffic from google. I checked it out and it was climbing steadily to the first page under "recumbent bicycling" .Yesterday it was the third listed on the first page. Today you cant find it under that and i am receiving no traffic from google as the only way it appears on google is if you actually search for the full title of the page. Anyone figured out the mystery that is google and could explain what might of happened and what i could do to change it.

2. WebsiteEditor profile image61
    WebsiteEditorposted 8 years ago

This can happen normally. Your ranking in Google can fluctuate on a hourly basis, not to mention daily. This is called "Google Dance". Don't worry, it will come back again provided you haven't done anything that can make G frown on you and think that you are trying to manipulate their index.

3. twisteddman profile image78

what would make them think i am trying to manipulate there index? or make them frown on me , so i can avoid doing those things.

4. Lissie profile image86
    Lissieposted 8 years ago

linking to "bad neighbourhoods", cloaking links, having invisible text on your page , -  don't worry nne of these things are you likely to do accidently

5. twisteddman profile image78

thank you

6. Jennifer Bowman profile image60
    Jennifer Bowmanposted 8 years ago

"Newness" is a big plus for Google, so new Hubs often get a few days in the sun before sinking into general obscurity.

Once the Hub is no longer "new", the only way to get it back to the front page is to get backlinks to it. Lots of them.

7. prems4u profile image59
    prems4uposted 8 years ago

Ya Its true and also Depends upon your keyword/topic Search volume .
    check google trents  to compare 2 keywords or two title ....