jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Thinking of writing a book.....

1. schoolgirlforreal profile image76
    schoolgirlforrealposted 5 years ago

If you were to write a book, what would it be about?
    Would you collect all your hubs on one topic for the book or provide a few hub topics in the book? Or would you start from scratch?
    Would it be inspirational, self help, poetry, or all of the above?

I have been told I should write another book....but I have no idea what I could be successful with and was curious as to what you feel about writing your own.

1. 0
      Toby Hansenposted 5 years ago in reply to this

For a while I have been working on a collection of my short and flash fiction. In the last few weeks, I have put that aside to try and write some sort of memoir or fictionalized auto bio.

schoolgirlforrealposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I did a memoir of that sort. but it was .....I don't know
        It's self published so I cannot maket it yet
        It may be good, I don't know

2. glenn wallace profile image88
      glenn wallaceposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Know yourself - what kind of book do you really want to write? What kind of book can you really write? For instance, I will never be taking a crack at doing a book of lyric poetry.

Know your audience -  Based on what you know (or can imagine), and what you might like to write, you can start narrowing down your options by thinking about what other people might be interested in reading about.

I try to really work out those two things before I write anything, even if it's just a short Hubpage. I'd like to write a novel someday, but a project of that size will take some more work on item number one I think.

2. saleheensblog profile image62
    saleheensblogposted 5 years ago

someday I will write a poetry book. First, you decide what do you want to write, gather your ideas and then think off a book.

schoolgirlforrealposted 5 years ago in reply to this

thanks saleheensblog
      I would just like some more independence finacially...you know...so I don't have to depend on anybody.

3. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image94
    EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 5 years ago

A dystopian thriller with Anarchist undertones, loosely based on people and groups that I actually have known and interacted with.

4. pilesnoway profile image60
    pilesnowayposted 5 years ago

If I am to write a book, I think it should be something about politics, economy and the like maybe in a satirical-comedy genre.

I was writing a thriller before but have not finished. My files were corrupted and cannot be retrieved (grr) .

Anyway, inspirational books are also good. It advocates and touches life. Just imagine how wonderful it is to know that someone has been inspired when he or she read your book. smile

5. kazemaru2 profile image60
    kazemaru2posted 5 years ago

It would be a franchise of romance novels set in fantasy settings such as in mythical greece.