jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (13 posts)

Suspected Click Fraud

1. WordofMouse profile image61
    WordofMouseposted 6 years ago

I wrote a new hub a few weeks ago and it quickly rose to the top 5 of the search engine rankings for its keyword. I have only gotten two clicks since it was published. Today, I all of a sudden had four clicks on that hub within about 5 hours. Should I e-mail Google about this? I don't want them to think I am clicking my own ads; I certainly am not doing that.

I just find it weird that I suddenly got four clicks on the same day. Maybe it's fraud and maybe it's not, but I don't want to get in trouble for it.

1. darkside profile image80
      darksideposted 6 years ago in reply to this

They'll know if it's you.

So don't worry about it.

WordofMouseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, darkside. I didn't think I had to do anything, but I wasn't sure.

2. Pearldiver profile image86
        Pearldiverposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Exactly!

The Name is a Sure Giveaway! hmm

@OP... Why would you blame a poor defenseless mouse?
        That's the sort of thing that only a Real Rat would do!!  yikes big_smile

2. saleheensblog profile image61
    saleheensblogposted 6 years ago

4 clicks in a day is not too much. I don't think you need to worry about it. How many visits you have got today?

WordofMouseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I've had 46 PV for that article today, so you can see why I'd think 4 clicks is a bit unusual.

1. saleheensblog profile image61
        saleheensblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

one of my hub sold a book in it's first orgasmic[some mark ewbie invented this word] view. It was not my fault lol

3. 0
    TopUniverseposted 6 years ago

Since you are not clicking your ads no need to worry about it. Google will take care of it. I hope those clicks are genuine as you are getting traffic from search engine.

4. 2besure profile image82
    2besureposted 6 years ago

As long as you did not click on your own ads or ask anyone else to you should be fine.

5. Abbasangel profile image81
    Abbasangelposted 6 years ago

Hello Amar this is not how you use the forum..

OP --- Google checks ISP and things like that... however I do know that if you get a really ridiculuos amount of clicks from one ISP they will accuse you and revoke your adsense... but this is far greater than 4 click over a 5 hour period. Besides that... people who get 100-$150.00 beat that ratio.... smile

Don't worry about abide by the rules and you will be fine.

6. smelloftruth profile image60
    smelloftruthposted 6 years ago

Google analytics can solve your problem whether the clicks comes from you or not.

1. 60
      easyinkjets.co.ukposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Google cancelled adsense on my account but never really gave a reason just said read faq on disabled accounts which didn't really help so don't trust them

1. smelloftruth profile image60
        smelloftruthposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yah, that is actually the sad part with Google. When they ban your account, they provide very scant information why they did it.

working