jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

url links

1. Credence2 profile image83
    Credence2posted 6 years ago

I need to link two seperate hubs as a contiuation of one article. When I try to use the url of the second article as a link on the first article to give the reader continuity, I am informed that the link is bad. What am I doing wrong?

1. simeonvisser profile image88
      simeonvisserposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The link is bad? What does it say exactly? Simly copy the URL from the address bar of your browser and insert it as a link in your other hub. You can also select your hub in the window that opens when you try to create a link in a hub.

Credence2posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, Simeonvisser. I tried copy and paste. I also published the site I wanted to link to and copied the url in the address and then attempted to paste in the link area for the original article, no dice. At the time I got a "bad link notice. I will try again

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

I think it may help to actually publish the hubs. Only then can you see if the links are accepted as being valid.

Credence2posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks to you as well Mr. Examiner. I tried copy and paste. I also published the site I wanted to link to and copied the url in the address and then attempted to paste in the link area for the original article, no dice. At the time I got a "bad link notice. I will try again

3. Credence2 profile image83
    Credence2posted 6 years ago

I tried the copy and paste feature again, with no luck, are there any other reasons why this is not working?

1. saleheensblog profile image61
      saleheensblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

can you take a screen shot and post?

2. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

If you want to create textual links, you do not copy and paste the link into the text capsule. Instead, what you do is this:

- While in editing mode, type the text as you want it to appear, then highlight that;
      - Click on the chain link icon;
      - Paste in the URL for the hyperlink in the text box that appears (if linking to one of your hubs, choose the link from the drop-down menu);
      - Click save.

I checked the textual links and link capsules in your hubs, and all links appear to be working, both to hubs and external sites.

4. saleheensblog profile image61
    saleheensblogposted 6 years ago

your link is OK, may be you are doing something wrong.
    http://s4.hubimg.com/u/4337683_f248.jpg

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/4337688_f248.jpg

working