jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Clicks vs Views

1. andyoz profile image87
    andyozposted 6 years ago

Yesterday I was very happy as I had my best day here on Hubpages.  I had over 300 views.  This morning however when I checked my Adsense earnings, I realised I had not had one click in 300 odd views!

Is that just bad luck or can I expect more of the same?  Is there anyway to give yourself a better chance of getting clicks?

2. saleheensblog profile image59
    saleheensblogposted 6 years ago

300/0 is a little bad luck. 1.5% is an overall average CTR.

To improve CTR:
    ~ Use a core keyword rich summary text
    ~ Concentrate on on page optimization.
    ~ Try different layout of ads.

You can try this one:
    http://s3.hubimg.com/u/4338726_f248.jpg

3. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

@andyoz - There are certainly things you can do:

1) Never put any type of capsule, including a photo capsule, to the right of your first text capsule. You want to be sure that the large 300x250 AdSense ad shows up in that spot. It's prime advertising real estate. Always make sure that your first text capsule is large enough to accommodate that placement.

2) Make sure that the ads that are showing on your hubs are relevant, and that people reading your hub would naturally want to click on them. Although you can't directly control what ads show up on your hubs, you can massage them indirectly by proper keyword usage.

1. andyoz profile image87
      andyozposted 6 years ago in reply to this

So should my first text capsule be moved over to the left allowing space for the large add?

1. simeonvisser profile image89
        simeonvisserposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The first text capsule needs to contain more text so that the large ad will appear at the top-right. It does not need to be moved, you just need to type a bit more in the introduction.

2. Ign Andy profile image61
        Ign Andyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

To let the add shows, your first text capsule should at least has 110 words (from my experiences), otherwise it will shows on the next text capsules.

Play with add positions, especially on hubs that drive some traffics, track how high the CTR.

3. Ign Andy profile image61
        Ign Andyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

But don't expect to much if your views from hubpages or social media. Only view from organics search (google, bing, yahoo etc) have high CTR.

4. saleheensblog profile image59
        saleheensblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Some layouts:

option 1:
        first text capsule 120-130 words
        second text capsule 1 sentence
        then 1 or more text capsule.
        No photo before second text capsule.

option 2:
        first text capsule totally bland
        in second text capsule only add a subtitle but not in the capsule title box. Write the subtitle in the text box and select header2 from the menu.
        third text capsule 120-130 words.
        then one or more text capsule.
        no image before 4th text capsule.

option 3:
        first text capsule 120-140 words
        An full size photo/amazon capsule with only one photo or 2/3 product. Or one photo and 2/3 amazon product side by side.
        Then one or more text capsule.

Just my thoughts.

4. andyoz profile image87
    andyozposted 6 years ago

Thanks for all the replies, will see what I can do.  Interesting the vast majority of my views yesterday did come from Google.  Still no clicks though.  sad

working