jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Is it advisable to edit a hub after publishing?

1. Tumba profile image59
    Tumbaposted 5 years ago

Also, in case I need to edit my hub after publishing, how much time does google take to index it again?

Is their any way to change the URL?

1. 0
      Baileybearposted 5 years ago in reply to this

no, the URL is fixed.  I edit my hubs, especially at the beginning - they are evolving as I find new info etc to add to them, or new links

2. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 5 years ago

Google loves fresh content, and that's what it thinks it's getting every time you change your hub. So edit away! You cannot change the URL, however, and the time it takes Google to re-index the hub could vary from hours to days to weeks.

1. Tumba profile image59
      Tumbaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Ironhner. Everytime I edited my hub, I used to feel very uncomfortable. I hope that your input would help me to ease out.. smile

1. simeonvisser profile image88
        simeonvisserposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes, it's fine if you see ways to improve it. Remember, you can hit the Publish button only once but you can edit it many times. When you publish you do want to make sure you're happy with the quality but many people edit their hubs at a later date too.

3. Gina Coole profile image86
    Gina Cooleposted 5 years ago

I see it like having an orchard.  You need to prune and feed the trees as they grow in order to maximise the harvest.  A great way to give new life to a hub with falling traffic is to insert some up to date references, for example a movie with the same theme or a global event.  You can also add in a new keywords.

Hubs are living documents.  In other words editing often is not only OK but is one of the keys to continually increasing earnings.

4. Autumn Lynn profile image70
    Autumn Lynnposted 5 years ago

When I wrote my first hub I did not have a good idea of keyword research (still learning now). I edited the tile and wording several times and I saw a rise in traffic after these tweekings.

5. 0
    TopUniverseposted 5 years ago

Editing a hub is not a problem at all. But unpublishing and then publishing at later day will surely affect search engine position of the hub.

6. Mark Ewbie profile image83
    Mark Ewbieposted 5 years ago

I normally find that publishing and then asking for a review in the Extreme Criticism forum usually results in quite a lot of revision.

To be serious... adding content and tweaking keywords, additional tags, better summary - all in response to hits or lack of, and comments or lack of - will hopefully make things work better.

I don't really regard any hub as finished.