jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

New feature suggestion: "Any problem" filter on hubs list

1. Pcunix profile image87
    Pcunixposted 5 years ago

The Hub listing under "Statistics" allows you to filter on certain status criteria such as New, Not published and a few others.

How about adding "Any Problem" to that so I don't have to scan through 200+ lines looking for any little markers?  The resulting list could include broken links, malicious links, ads disabled and "needs revision" or they could be separate choices.

I bring this up because I happened to notice a broken link symbol this morning and don't know how long it has been hiding in plain site.

I wouldn't mind having ▼= traffic falling and ▲= traffic rising as separate selections either.

1. ThomasE profile image81
      ThomasEposted 5 years ago in reply to this

A very good idea.

2. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Your dashboard already includes options that let you display/sort only those hubs with broken links, malicious links or those which need revision.  Those features have been available for quite some time now.

I think it would be nice if admin added options for disabled ads or too many tags.

1. simeonvisser profile image87
        simeonvisserposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I think the it would be helpful if the sofware told us whether we had the ideal number of tags. It should warn us if we have too few tags or too many. If we have too few then I can safely add some more - I never know when I can add more tags to avoid having too many tags...

2. Pcunix profile image87
        Pcunixposted 5 years ago in reply to this

No, it has SEPARATE links for those. 

I'm looking for one click to see everything that has a problem I might need to address.

2. Michael Willis profile image76
    Michael Willisposted 5 years ago

It would be good also if there was some way to have an "automated Quick-Scan for HP TOS issues" before or when a hub is published. Possibly highlight the TOS issues. This would help with those who have a hub published and it is unpublished at a later date. This way they can correct the problems instantly.

I had one issue once because I didn't realize a link was hosted by another site I linked to. This meant 3 links to one site.

Lesson on this was: just because a site with similar information has a different URL does not mean it is a "separate link." Sometimes we have no way of knowing these things until it is too late.

3. 0
    TopUniverseposted 5 years ago

I like this suggestion in the way it helps those hubbers with huge number of hubs.