jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (12 posts)

Long tail keywords???? Is that the same thing as tags???

1. Ann Smith profile image60
    Ann Smithposted 8 years ago

I have gotten the understanding that long-tail keywords are those that are still searched, but less searched, than the really common ones on a topic.  I have been using the Google AdWords tool to try to figure out what those may be on any given topic.

However, now I am confused.  Where am I supposed to USE those keywords?  As my tags for any given article?  In the title?  In the text?  Help again, please, and as always, THANKS!

1. 0
      terrygposted 8 years ago in reply to this

You might want to read my hub on starting a niche site. Excuse the blatant hub promotion but I do believe it covers the question. Don't click anything and no need for comments. Just a quick short read.

2. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

Long tail or short tail, you need to use keywords you want to rank for in all three places. And in the fourth one - summary, which goes to description HTML tag.

3. thranax profile image58
    thranaxposted 8 years ago

One keyword, not as highly rated, but often helps to be in the Url.

4. grumpyjacksa profile image61
    grumpyjacksaposted 8 years ago

A long tail keyword is a string of keywords together , like "how to breed larger chickens" , as opposed to "breeding chickens" . This can be in your title or content , both , if you can . as long as all th the words are inserted as tags seperately , it will be picked up in a specific search .

As Misha said , make sure it's in the description , and if you can , try and get at least one of your  basic keywords in your url .

If you happen to be blogging with wordpress software , then you can go to - options - permalinks- custom structure , and type in :

If you have the long tail in your title , it will then also show in your url .

It all just adds up when someone comes looking for your topic .

5. Mark Knowles profile image61
    Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago

will work also smile

6. bigdaddy profile image61
    bigdaddyposted 8 years ago

To get the best results, you want your targeted keyword in the title of your Hub and in the capsule titles if you can. If the targeted keyword phrase appears in your content, it helps to bold it. These are on page optimization tactics.

Tags also help the search engines find your content but keep in mind that they are there to help people find your content as well. You want to include tags that are more general in nature to help other hubbers find your article as well.

I had responded to a similar question yesterday and then saw this posted and decided to do a hub on long tail keywords.

Long Tail Keywords

I just finished it up this morning. Hope it helps.

7. Ann Smith profile image60
    Ann Smithposted 8 years ago

Thanks everyone!  Looks like my persistence with LTKW is paying off!  Hey, Misha, where is the summary that you were referring to as the fourth place to add the (soon to be infamous) LTKW?  And, bigdaddy, thanks for writing a new and helpful hub.

1. Misha profile image75
      Mishaposted 8 years ago in reply to this

When you edit your hub, your second tab on top of the screen is called "Summary text". smile

8. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image75
    JYOTI KOTHARIposted 8 years ago

Key words must be relevant. This is the secret of search engine optimization.

9. patnamohan profile image60
    patnamohanposted 8 years ago

Key word is important that makes searchable to the hubs.What should be key word..that should be any thing short or long but must be as per content.

1. psioni profile image59
      psioniposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Where to use LTKW's? I use them like this: I take them and make a whole hubpage devoted to to topic. For example, if the LTKW was "Having Spanish Vegetarian Guests for Dinner", that means someone was searching for that exact phrase and wanted an answer or info on that subject.

Gather all the info you can find on that topic, and totally focus on it. Although the phrase may be searched for less often than other main keywords, it will also tend to show up for related searches. Not to mention the fact that competition will be very small. tongue