jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Like/Unlike on Comments

1. Tumba profile image61
    Tumbaposted 5 years ago

I would really suggest to add Like/Unlike feature on comments. As we have it for Answers, we can flag an answer up or down, similar thing can be done for comments.

Sometimes we really like comments posted by fellow hubbers, but posting a reply like "Good one" or "Thanks" or "I liked it" doesn't make sense to the on going discussion and also for lazy folks like me, it will a good value add.

I hope the person who has posted a comment would also appreciate it.

Just a suggestion... You can flag this up or down smile

2. Cheeky Girl profile image84
    Cheeky Girlposted 5 years ago

Facebook has this feature and I love it. Being able to hit the "like" tab on people's articles, announcements or comments is cool. I think it is a great idea. You should suggest it to the Hub Pages Team and Managers. No harm in making a helpful suggestion. You could always put a note at the end of every hub, asking people to say whether they actually "like" your hub or not. Careful about asking what you wish for in the "not Liking" dept. LOL! It could backfire. But kudos for mentioning a great feature here. smile

1. Tumba profile image61
      Tumbaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hey CG, good that you liked this idea. I am really not sure how to bring this into the notice of HP Team, I thought by posting it in this forum,  it would be of some help. Any suggestions are most welcome... smile

Thanks for dropping by and liking the idea...!!

3. GmaGoldie profile image86
    GmaGoldieposted 5 years ago

In the forums, it would be helpful to read the highest rated replies first.  Time is critical and the forums are filled with great information but sorting through it is sometimes akin to a treasure hunt.

4. Uninvited Writer profile image81
    Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago

I don't think comments should be rated. People should not be rated on their opinion.

1. Hestia DeVoto profile image61
      Hestia DeVotoposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'll second this.

1. Tumba profile image61

Hey UW, HD

The idea is definitely not to rate the opinions.  As DzyMsLizzy said below, it is just a way to say "yeah , I liked the idea" or "yeah, i agree". 

I think folks who are commenting would also appreciate this.

5. DzyMsLizzy profile image90
    DzyMsLizzyposted 5 years ago

The FB feature for comments only is a "like" button--no "unlike" appears until after you hit "like."  After that, you can "unlike" if you change your mind, but it simply reverts to showing the "like" option again, and does not cause any 'reating' to appear.

I think that's a good way to do it.  "Like" is more or less equivalent to saying, "yeah--good one!" or "I agree!" It's not really a rating so much as a shortcut.

1. Tumba profile image61

Thanks DzyMsLizzy, I echo your thoughts... smile