jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Islamic Radical Hacked My Website

1. N. Ramius profile image82
    N. Ramiusposted 5 years ago

I've been unhappy since the holidays begin and now I find this.

I bought a domain a year ago and have posted only one article. I've been really lazy and not checking the site. Well I went to it today and got a nice picture of a silhouetted soldier, a message saying hacked by some guy. Guess it's his calling card.

Followed by questions and then answers like What is Islam? History of Islam, etc. Then, This is for my brethren around the world.

Finally, Sorry Admin. Your site has been hacked. Have a nice day.

So now I'm running an antivirus scan to see if visiting my site infected me and trying to find a backup of my content.

Isn't that a lovely New Year's discovery?  Anyone else ever have their site hacked?

1. Right On Time profile image79
      Right On Timeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I don't have a website but they're just trying to irritate you in a juvenile way so don't get too upset about it, just do what needs doing and put it past you. And have a lovely 2011 smile things will get better.

2. simeonvisser profile image87
    simeonvisserposted 5 years ago

Was there any content that could possibly have caused them to crack your site? Or was your website one of the many at your hosting company that got cracked? Either way it's bad news to start this new year sad

3. N. Ramius profile image82
    N. Ramiusposted 5 years ago

Web Host is fine. hacker left a name of F.T.P Hacker, so I'm assuming it was an FTP hack. It's very irritating but I'm fixing the issue.

At least I did not have the site monetized.