jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

Amazon Question I Hadn't Thought of Before....

1. 0
    Donna Ferrierposted 5 years ago

Happy New Year all,

Can we have more than one Amazon capsule on our hubs selling different types of products in each one, or is having more than one Amazon capsule considered overly promotional?

I've been here seven months, and I never thought of that until now...LOL smile

1. N. Ramius profile image83
      N. Ramiusposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If you use the Amazon Capsule provided by HubPages you can use as many as you want.

2. Ign Andy profile image60
    Ign Andyposted 5 years ago

Of course, you may add as many as you want.
    I pick each product carefully. In my experience, best selling product (top 100 list)will perform better.

1. simeonvisser profile image87
      simeonvisserposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I feel I should do that more often; now I just enter some keywords and let the Amazon search handle it. But hand-picking products would indeed make a difference I'm sure.

1. Randy Godwin profile image93
        Randy Godwinposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I've never depended on Amazon picking my products for me.  I wonder how well it works?  Anyone have good luck doing this?

1. habee profile image91
          habeeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I've done it once or twice. The advantage (I think) is that Amazon will display another product if one of the ones you have displayed is no longer available. Anyone know if that's correct? I think this happened on a couple of my Amazon capsules when I used keywords instead of specific products.

1. Mark Ewbie profile image83
            Mark Ewbieposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I did it a lot to start with - but then I wasn't really doing product hubs. 

The ads were placed to break up the page, supply an exit point and in the vague hope someone might click through.

So a piece of humourous writing for example might have an Amazon advert with funny fridge magnets - not really that bothered which fridge magnet was showing.

How well does it work?  Well the adverts refresh themselves so no maintenance.  But I didn't sell anything.

I suspect that a serious product hub should seriously target the exact right product for your visitor - but these are just the musings of an amateur.

2. J Sunhawk profile image81
          J Sunhawkposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I've added keywords and let Amazon pick the products and sold those products. I figure that Amazon knows what it's doing. It won't put up dud products. Amazon wants sales, too.

3. KristenGrace profile image59
    KristenGraceposted 5 years ago

Oh boy, I'm glad I saw this posting - haha, I just started using the Amazon capsules, and I would have suffered a heart attack had someone said we could only use one per hub!

I've been enjoying using these.

4. 2uesday profile image89
    2uesdayposted 5 years ago

When I first used Amazon capsules I used the option where you type  in the word and it comes up with a selection. That seemed to work OK but sometimes when I returned to the hub a week or month later the items offered where not so relevant.

So I now work by having Amazon open in one 'window/page' and  HubPages in another to search for relevant products. It is quicker if I work like this in chrome as I find it easier to go between the two. Not saying it is best option for everyone just I find it easier.

I try to match the number of Amazon capsules to the amount of writing in the hub, but again that is just my way of working. It may not be the style of layout that produces the most sales.