jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (26 posts)

30 Hubs in 30 Days

1. Timstown profile image78
    Timstownposted 6 years ago

Attempt number three.   I probably shouldn't be attempting this in addition to the other resolutions that I've made for the new year, but I want to see if I'm capable of handling it anyway.   And I don't have school right now, so I should have the time.  Wish me luck!

Timstownposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hah, mega fail... I'm starting this today.

I suck.   I just posted a Hub today (new week new start?).    My 30 day challenged now goes until February 10'th.

1. KristenGrace profile image60
          KristenGraceposted 6 years ago in reply to this

LOL You can do it this time - Don't give up tongue

I wont.   I just decided on eliminating some interfering writing goals and just working on this.   I think I have to do 2 today.   Not bad, I have one that's mostly written anyway.

And... I need to do two again today.    Looks like I'm starting to do two every other day than one a day.

2. bogerk profile image88
      bogerkposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I have intended to give the 30 Hubs in 30 Days challenge a go as well. I am at Hub 64 and want to get to 100 ASAP!

Good Luck to You!

3. Timstown profile image78

Gosh I suck at keeping myself accountable.  Ok, let's break this down.   The challenge I set was to write 30 hubs by February 10'th.   Thus, I have 23 days left.  So far I've written a total of 3 Hubs with 27 to go.    That's 4 too many, if I was to write a Hub a day.   Instead of overwhelming myself with feeling like I need to catch up in one day, resulting in my feeling overwhelmed and doing nothing, I'm resolving to write two Hubs a day for 4 days.    Since I'm also trying to blog more, I'm going to include blog posts as part of this challenge (though I wont post the links because I'm not sure that I'm allowed to).

I will reply to this every so often with updates in order to keep a record for myself:
      Hub 1 = http://hubpages.com/hub/Types-of-Vegeta … ed-to-Know

Hub 2 = http://hubpages.com/hub/Life-After-High … he-Options

Hub 3  = http://hubpages.com/hub/New-Typography

2. AshleyRB profile image61
    AshleyRBposted 6 years ago

Go for it! smile
    I'm trying to reach 35 hubs by the 15th!

Well, good luck to you.

1. AshleyRB profile image61
        AshleyRBposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The goal is going horrible so far, but it's not over yet! lol

Lol, I'm not doing any better.

I'm moving into my dorm in a few days and packing and taking trips up to the campus is taking away from my hub writing! I know once I get up there I won't be writing as much. At least not in the beginning. I'm going to a new school and I'm too nervous to function!

3. AshleyRB profile image61
    AshleyRBposted 6 years ago

What are your other new years resolutions if you don't mind me asking? smile

I actually wrote a post about it on my blog: http://timstown.net/?p=164

What do you plan to do to get out of your comfort zone?

I plan on figuring that out as I go along, but a lot of them will likely be social.   Like, one thing I might force myself to do is go to the gym when I know it'll be kinda crowded.   I usually go really out of my way to make sure I go when nobody's there.

Oh I can relate to that! It's not so bad just take an ipod with you and focus on the music while you work out.

Well, my mp3 player broke awhile ago.   I need to get myself a new one.... I'm sure it'd make my workouts a bit more enjoyable.

It really does. I went to the gym without my ipod once because the battery died and it really sucked...lol

4. profile image0
    lynnechandlerposted 6 years ago

I actually mentally started this on the first and so far I am way behind. I think I've done a total of 3. What is that like 10% of the final goal, lol.

5. KristenGrace profile image60
    KristenGraceposted 6 years ago

Best of luck to you, TimsTown and AshleyRB.

Thanks!

6. lindajot profile image80
    lindajotposted 6 years ago

Good luck to you both smile
    I managed to get 32 done in 30 days - it was a challenge for sure, but, sure felt good once done.  You really learn a lot and even though I felt like I rushed a couple hubs, overall as quite pleased with myself.  Have fun with it!

1. KristenGrace profile image60
      KristenGraceposted 6 years ago in reply to this

And just to add to what you said, I agree it feels amazing once you accomplish this goal, and remember you can always go back and edit the hubs.

7. katiem2 profile image60
    katiem2posted 6 years ago

YOU can DO IT!

big_smile smile cool

working