jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

30 hubs in just under 30 days, but slightly short of 1,000 page views

1. Midnight Oil profile image91
    Midnight Oilposted 5 years ago

Just completed my 30 hubs in 26 days days, but still slightly short of my target of 1,000 page views in 30 days (currently at 901).

Going to go back through by early hubs and tidy up and add links before moving on to add more hubs - next target 50 hubs by the 1st Feb.

1. Mark Ewbie profile image82
      Mark Ewbieposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hi David, just gave you a view on your Laughing hub!

May I offer a little advice?  Put a little time into forum posting (don't spam), answer some questions and comment on other people's hubs (go Hub hopping).  Don't spam - but just raise your profile a little bit.  That will deal with upping your Hubpage traffic views.

The other more trickier thing is tweaking those hubs so they are picked up by people searching - outside traffic.  Think about what they are looking for, think about what they might key in instead of your particular keywords, add those new words into your prose.

Watch your Analytics carefully, especially the keyword bit.  Learn from what people did type in to find you, so you can broaden your search visibility.

Finally, absolutely apologise if this is boring prattle from a newbie myself (I've been here two months only) - but it helps me to set out my thinking - and if someone comes along and rubbishes it... well I've learnt something else.

Oh, did I say good luck?  Good luck.

2. annmackiemiller profile image85
    annmackiemillerposted 5 years ago

well done and good luck for the 50 - I've jsut started the 30 in 30 days challenge

3. ajetayo profile image61
    ajetayoposted 5 years ago

Don't sweat it, your pageviews will keep on increasing with time (SEO experience), just keep writing.

I joined hubpages yesterday and I plan to post 5 hubs every week (new year resolution)and I think David nailed it with his advice - participate in forum discussions.

4. LeeWalls profile image60
    LeeWallsposted 5 years ago

Hello to all. I really do hope you accomplish what you set your mind on. The only question I have is are you writers or hubbers trying to fill a quota?

I read a lot of people giving advice on who's who and who to stay away from and it gives me the impression that they more or less control everyone else thinking instead of allowing them to judge for themself.

I credit wanting to make it 30, 50 or 1000. I would just like to know what's the purpose, if you get paid for that and if you write elsewhere other than here?

5. Midnight Oil profile image91
    Midnight Oilposted 5 years ago

Thanks for the advice people, very useful.

Just hit my 1,000 page views today.... Here's to the next 1000 wink

Leewalls - I am on here as a further outlet for my writing, and the challenge of getting 30 hubs in the 30 days was a good way of getting off my lazy writing butt and doing something.  I had a bit of a lazy summer and need something to kick start my writing again - Hubpages came to the rescue.

And if I get paid too, well that's a bonus !!

Thanks people for viewing my pages, I am most appreciative...

1. Mikeydoes profile image79
      Mikeydoesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Just remember, your hubs can always be improved! Great job so far!

If you have 1000 views between 30 hubs, that is not a bad number at all in such a short time. I am 100% sure it can be improved exponentially. There is a lot to learn at this place and a lot more money/views to be made. Your hubs that you make now are pilots for the future.

A couple of little pointers that were mentioned that is something that should be taken serious:

Keywords: the right keywords can drive much more than 1000 views, per 1 hub in a month.

Learning about adsense, adwords, and coming up with your own techniques is very important. Do your own thing, but also pay attention to what people have to say!

Good luck and welcome to Hubpages!

6. Kidgas profile image79
    Kidgasposted 5 years ago

Welcome to HubPages.  It seems like you are well on your way to meeting your goals.  I am sure that you will hit 50 Hubs by Feb 1st and have well over 2,000 views by that time as well.