Hey, I Desperately Need Attention So I'm Posting About Gays

Jump to Last Post 1-25 of 25 discussions (80 posts)
  1. Shadesbreath profile image79
    Shadesbreathposted 13 years ago

Hi. I have an opinion about gay people and I really, really, really need validation because without the rush of endorphins I get from saying really stupid things that reap pages and pages of forum replies, I have nothing. So please argue with me and make me feel good about myself so that I don't have to look around me and see that I live with 6,000 cats, haven't shaved in months, and spend all my time drooling in front of my computer wearing no pants and rusting out my handy-dandy Cyberwarrior 500 Bedpan <snipped link>("the trolls best friend").

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
      Uninvited Writerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol

You really know that if they tried hard enough, gay men would want to have sex with women... B

2. Mark Knowles profile image57
      Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think this personal attack on the gay community belongs in the religion section. Please move it now!

1. Druid Dude profile image60
        Druid Dudeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What attack? Don't know if I agree w/ uninvited, but your charges of "attack" at this moment, seem a little over reactive. Personally, I think you doth protest too much.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
          Uninvited Writerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Maybe you should check these people out:

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/4349787_f248.jpg

3. habee profile image92
      habeeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Dear Shady,

I'm alarmed by the number of felines you have, and frankly, I can't believe I haven't seen you on the "Animal Horders" TV show. You need HELP!! Pets are great, but they cannot replace close personal relationships with other humans. Also, it's unfair to the animals. You need to surrender 5,998 of your cats to local shelters and have the two cats you keep spayed or neutured.

Turning your back on and isolating yourself from humanity can have disastrous effects. In fact, some studies suggest that such behavior can cause homosexuality. Get professional help before this happens to you!

Your friend,

Holle

1. Julie2 profile image61
        Julie2posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I can smell the ammonia from here! Woooooooo
        sad

4. profile image0
      PrettyPantherposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You are obviously gay.  All persons who have a problem with homosexuals are closet homosexuals.  That is why you quit shaving.  You are resisting the compulsive neatness that your gayness demands (think Neil Patrick Harris).  Embrace your identity and you will no longer need the comfort of 6,000 cats.

There.  I have solved all of your problems.

Can I have a problem with one gay person? Does that mean I'm gay? If I have a problem with terrorists, does that mean I'm secretly harboring terroristic tendencies? If I have a problem with my neighbor's dog? Slippery slope, that. That falls in the category of a "Logical Fallacy". If you aren't familiar with the spectrum of Logical Fallacies, google the term. It will definitely improve your ability to determine your stand from a more logical standing. Nothing worse than someone arguing in the forum with nothing but BS for ammo.

1. Pcunix profile image90
          Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I believe it is unmanly to dislike dogs.  I believe that because of a former neighbor who I suspected of letting his dog leave poop on my lawn and front walk.  I suspected that because another neighbor told me that was what he was doing.

One day I arrived home at the right time to catch him and his dog in the act.  I parked my car, got out and walked up to him as he tried to clean things up quickly and get out of my yard.

I said something like "I really don't like you bringing your dog here to poop"

Apparently he took that to mean that I don't like dogs. Well, that has some element of truth in it, but it gets complicated, so it isn't entirely right. I like well behaved dogs, though I think they should live in wide open country, not in the cities and suburbs.

However, this gentleman, not withstanding that he was picking up dog poop from the middle of my lawn and we both knew that the only reason he was picking it up was because I caught him, not withstanding that any other human would have been embarrassed and hurried away, this gentlemen gave me a withering look and said "There is something WRONG with people who don't like dogs!"

Oh well. I'm quite sure he meant that his dog was gay and thought this was the reason for my dislike. That had to be it, right?

1. habee profile image92

So...you like dogs but don't like dog poop, huh? If that makes you gay, I'm a lesbian! Great Dane poop is HUGE!!

Hi, Laurel and Beth!

Shadesbreathposted 13 years agoin reply to this

How about a gun-toting, gay great dane pooping on PC's lawn while reading furious sermons so powerful it changes everyone's sexuality? 

Gays would be straight, and straights would be gay, and then we could all hate each other for the same yet completely different reasons.

How fun would that be?

2. profile image0
          PrettyPantherposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ha!  You have nothing so you resort to personal attacks.

And no, the theory only applies to closet homosexuals.  Why?  Because that's the only logical way to look at it, and if you don't believe me, then you obviously lack comprehension skills.

5. profile image0
      SirDentposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well, it seems I have the best solution for getting attention.  I created a toilet for spammers and trollers.  of course if you want to purchase this toilet, it is for sale.  Just contact me through HubPages here.

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/211501_f260.jpg

6. Cagsil profile image69
      Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

*puts hands to face and shakes head*

1. Midnight Oil profile image83
        Midnight Oilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You can download in real comfort here !

2. Shadesbreath profile image79

Sarcasm is your friend. It's sort of like the pain of a canker sore... at first it's painful, but then when you get to start poking at it with your tongue, it actually feels good.  Sort of.

smile

<3 Cags.  Happy New Year, dude.

1. profile image0
          Kathryn LJposted 13 years agoin reply to this

that's just gagsville.  (The tongue poking thing, that is.)

2. Cagsil profile image69

Happy New Years Shades! I read and commented on your hub. tongue

3. Druid Dude profile image60

got a lot of canker sores?

1. frogdropping profile image78
            frogdroppingposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Tsk DD - here we are going back and forth over a very serious subject and there you are playing with yourself. Which can cause blindness. Beware. Don't walk around when you're occupied - you might lose an eye.

2. Shadesbreath profile image79

Used to get them as a kid. I think my head grew in in a weird way, so I was always biting my cheeks.  (LOL how's that for TMI and weird sharing, etc. LOL).

Hey, fodder for writing later in life, I suppose.

Hey, there's another hub in there somewhere.  big_smile

7. profile image53
      kenze8265posted 13 years agoin reply to this

hmmmmmm, i really hope your not a girl growing out your beard...i dont know many male cat lovers

Lion of Judah, and umpteen Pharoahs. I know many male cat lovers, I also know a few FEMALE Cat lovers. It's the sheep lovers that worry me. Responsible for some of those canker sores! smile

2. Beth100 profile image69
    Beth100posted 13 years ago

You didn't grab my attention until you told me you have the Cyberwarrior 500 bed pan!!  Now, that's ONE AWESOME bed pan!  lol

Happy New Year Shades!

3. Mark Ewbie profile image81
    Mark Ewbieposted 13 years ago

Hi Shades, 

happy to argue but you haven't said what your opinion is about gays?  Or do we just assume what your position is and then argue against it?

In which case, er, I think you are mistaken.  It's not often I take immediate offence at what I read on here, but if that's the reaction you were looking for then sorry to disappoint and hope you have a Happy New Year.

I hope I have made my position crystal clear.

4. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 13 years ago

Like Mark Ewbie I have to take offence! Gay people were not made that way because of being denied peanut butter and jelly sandwiches as a kid. Lots of people with peanut allergies manage to grow up not gay, duh! tongue

5. profile image0
    EmpressFelicityposted 13 years ago

But SB... don't you realise that being gay is a lifestyle choice?  And that with the right brainwashing, er, sorry - counselling, it's possible to cure gays of their nasty homosexual ways (and hence bring them back into God's favour, regardless of what they're like as a person)?

Oh yeah, and sorry I forgot - nobody talked about homosexuality in the animal world a century ago, therefore it didn't exist.

6. Spacey Gracey profile image39
    Spacey Graceyposted 13 years ago

Mark - How's your gay pet hamster doing?

Shades - seeing all the needy forum topics popping up this Christmas makes me think of my lovely Grandad who suffers from the terrible combination of 'too much time on his hands' + 'access to 24 hour news' which = randomly sitting down, sighing loudly and saying 'I am just disgusted about....x,y,z' - for x,y,z substitute whatever non-even BBC News 24 has reported on in the last 5 mintues. Quite tempted to hook him up with my laptop and dump him in the religious forum - he would have soooo much fun.

1. Mark Ewbie profile image81
      Mark Ewbieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the concern Spacey - he or she (how can you tell?) is OK now after a course of Dr.Frikkers excellent pills.  When I say Ok, strictly speaking he is now deceased, but at least our pain is over.

Re. your Grandad I am also disgusted by pretty much everything especially Shadesbreaths attitude towards the gay community - whatever it is.

7. Ron Montgomery profile image61
    Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years ago

Your statement lacks credibility.  You have published hubs, which means you have not devoted 100% of your time to the important research that proves homosexuality is an affront to God.

8. Midnight Oil profile image83
    Midnight Oilposted 13 years ago

We are often told not to feed the tolls, but how do you feed 6,000 cats every day.  You would't be left with much trolling time after giving muchies to that lot wink  And out of those 6,000 cats how many are gay ones? 

And do female trolls use a shewee for their comfort breaks?  www.shewee.com/newstore/

LOL @ that, btw.  Now I'm going to have to write another hub.

Yeah, he sounds like the kind of guy who could have a ball doing the online equivalent of yelling at kids to "GET OFF MY LAWN" all day.  You should probably hook him up. I mean, hey, happiness is happiness right?

1. Spacey Gracey profile image39
        Spacey Graceyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Honestly about real life stuff he is the happiest most easy going guy, but I swear there is something in those news reports. It is the tone of voice they use to say 'Elton John has become a father' which makes him believe they said 'Elton John sold the souls of a thousand grandmothers, and ate one hundred baby kittens, just so he could get a baby to keep in his understairs cupboard).

The Elton John thing sparked a conversation about old gay sperm last night over drinks and nibbles.  It put me off my egg nog.

1. Spacey Gracey profile image39
            Spacey Graceyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That actually made me laugh a lot and then gag a little smile - probably not the first time that has happened to you though I guess.

Lol.. I'm laughing and won't take this any further, it's a family forum.  Sort of.

9. Shadesbreath profile image79
    Shadesbreathposted 13 years ago

LOL So this actually spawned a hub, so go have a look if you want. big_smile.

http://hubpages.com/hub/The-Cyberwarrio … est-Friend

Good stuff Shades - should I comment here or there?  Can't do both, not on these rates.

It's your dime. I'm just killing time waiting for my headache to go away. That other gay post with the stupid "research" pissed me off so I wrote this. Then Beth's comment made me write that, so, it's all good. Just a morning's amusement.

(Oh, and thank's Beth. smile )

You write hubs as a means of morning amusement? Either you're (really) too young to have figured singular fun or you're too old and have given up trying to instigate some sort of response from Mrs Shades. I mean - even a smack up side the head is better than nuthin' right?

Or are you gay and in denial so use alternative methods of sole morning amusement?

Heyyyy maybe that's the real 'why' of this thread smile

The volume of my hangover precludes, uh, response seeking. Probably precludes responsiveness at all at least until the Advil kick in. (sigh).  Too bad I didn't pick Quit Drinking as my New Year's resolution. Now I am stucking drinking all year until next year. Oh well.

Too bad you're stucking with it. Funnily enough I put Quit Not Drinking Enough Vodka on my mental resolution list. I like to think I was sensible to hell and back when I thought mine up and rated it at #5. However I have a sneaking suspicion it's actually in the #1 spot. Oh well.

Anyway - back on topic. You're so wrong about gays that you're moving into I'm gonna tell Maddie on you territory. I know I'm right because I've got all the facts to back me up. Only I'm not debating or nuthin' - just sayin' ... so I don't need to share squat.

And if you push me enough I'll start quoting irrelevant text from the Book of Frog.

1. Cagsil profile image69

lol lol lol

2. Haunty profile image73
                Hauntyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I thought that according to the Book of Frog, anything you might do or say must be relevant with respect to the moment you say it. For instance, on the 659th page in the Book of Frog there is a Kobold that says, "Irrelevant I would not say, because that would show you my intentions." (And as we all know, the one who knows a Kobold's intentions can command the Kobold.)

Anyway, what this teaches to me is that anything you do or say must be borne out of a certain knowledge that you already have. That knowledge must be either in the present or must be recalled by something that is in the present. So if the knowledge that made you say what you said is connected to the present, than what you said is also somehow connected to the present, since it is obviously connected to the knowledge. And so it must be relevant. smile

See Haunty this is just a fine example of one persons interpretation of the Good Book being taken out of context.

"Irrelevant I would not say, because that would show you my intentions." means (and you can take it straight from the Mouth of Frog) this: (and ONLY this) my business is my own, bugger off and find someone else to gossip about

Ohhhhh how I suffer mules glady (and a range of other hybrid creatures) whilst trying to get the Good Word across. Blessed be those that live in ignorance for they know not what they screw [up].

Remember this Haunty - irrelevant is as irrelevant does. What's relevant to you may be irrelevant to me but then that's like saying your relevance is relegated below my irrelevance and that will result in you feeling anything but relevant in what otherwise may have been an irrelevant but elegant form of relative narrative.

And of course we both know that we're then moving into the Seven Deadly Things territory. And we can't have that now - can we?

So what's your take on this gay business then? What say you?

1. Haunty profile image73
                    Hauntyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't understand the OP, but since there was a hub linked, I went and read it.

I have to say Cyberwarrior Manufacturing has terrible timing, because this would have made a terrific Christmas gift.

Gays don't bother me. ll can live as long as he wishes. wink

2. Beth100 profile image69
          Beth100posted 13 years agoin reply to this

ha ha ha  just share the revenue with me!!!  lol

(pssst.... I have another idea that has spawned off of this....  smile )

1. lorlie6 profile image73
            lorlie6posted 13 years agoin reply to this

A hub, perchance?  Hey there, Beth!

1. Beth100 profile image69
              Beth100posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey Lorlie!!  Happy New Year!!!

Yea, if I get the chance, maybe I can pull it off BEFORE Shades does!!!  lol

1. lorlie6 profile image73
                lorlie6posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Go for it!

2. Buffoon profile image76
      Buffoonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Dude, you're up one buck for making me spit my beer all over my screen  big_smile

10. Spacey Gracey profile image39
    Spacey Graceyposted 13 years ago

My condolences Mark but at least he is no longer tormented by his er hmmm (whispered under breath) 'identity issues'.

Make sure you get better references when you buy your next hamster - was very la of you lettng on of those into your house.

11. lorlie6 profile image73
    lorlie6posted 13 years ago

Shades, I am absolutely horrified by your thinking.  We, the HubPages community, are in agreement that you should be banned forever from our enlightened forums.
    See ya.

12. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 13 years ago

Shades, it is certainly immoral and probably illegal to have 6000 gay cats living together.  Is such a marriage even legal in your state?  Have you provided for spiritual counseling for them?  Good questions, these, and I don't see any answers for them, hmmmm?

1. Midnight Oil profile image83
      Midnight Oilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Has it been proven that all the cats are gay?  Do they adopt kittens? A kitten brought up by two gay parent cats will defiantly be confused and will need several sessions of psychiatric treatment.

2. habee profile image92

It's one male cat and 5,999 females. Has something to do with Shady's religion, I think.

13. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 13 years ago

Funny how there is an ad for Text dating at the top of this hub smile

14. WryLilt profile image89
    WryLiltposted 13 years ago

Tsk tsk, I strongly disapprove of the fact you're happy to disclose your feelings about homosexuals shades, but pretend that lesbians don't exist. You are so sexist!

15. Jule Romans profile image95
    Jule Romansposted 13 years ago

Hey, don't worry about the gays- genetically they should self-eliminate, just like redheads.

16. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

How can anyone possibly argue that gays are not cyberwarriors?
    Everybody knows that!

Not arguing.

So does that mean Cyberwarrioring is a choice then? And that it's a sin that can be cast out? Huh? HUH?

17. Kangaroo_Jase profile image73
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 13 years ago

.............................raises eyebrow

18. evvy_09 profile image59
    evvy_09posted 13 years ago

I have to disagree with ya there Shades.  You must giv up ur evel ways and conver t to the Lord's way off live. Rember God loves u.

And I thought you have 8,000 cats? Is it because they are all gay and can't reproduce? You know if you were more dominant and embraced the Lord and ate peanut butter, you wouldn't  have any gay dogs. And make sure you drive a stick shift car.  But don't take my opinion.  I did find the time to actually have a profile picture and do real research for my opinions.

1. Cagsil profile image69

lol

1. evvy_09 profile image59
        evvy_09posted 13 years agoin reply to this

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/4327089.jpg

Mine's bigger.  Does that make me more dominant? hmm 
        Am I gay then?

19. tlpoague profile image81
    tlpoagueposted 13 years ago

I thought to be gay was to be *happy*
    HMMM, I must have missed a memo somewhere.
    Where can a person purchase that nifty toilet? I need one of those for my computer addicts I know.

20. brimancandy profile image79
    brimancandyposted 13 years ago

Hey Shadesbreath, I actually found your post kind of funny. One thing that gay people can do is have the courage to laugh at themselves. But, I'm sure that your post had more to do with the zillion or so gay posts, that lead to 2 zillion hate and religious reply posts. As if we had the time to read them all.

So, I am I right by assuming that you submitted this post to prove your point, that gay posts get more attention at hubpages then something esle that you would rather talk about? If so, what is it? Or, is there already some post that you submitted that nobody has a reply for? So, you are going by what you think people want to hear?

At any rate, I would be much happier to reply to all the gay oriented posts, then the avalanche of why god hates everyone I don't approve of posts. Oh, and by the way, I counted my cats, and at last count I had zero. I did have two but they sadly died a few years ago. If I get to 6,000 I'll let you know, they need to be brave cats though to put up with my 2,000 dogs, and a breeding bull. The worst kind too! LOL!

21. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

LOL brimancandy.
    A bredding bull, eh?
    Is he gay?

LOL.... if he's just, uh, ... what's the omnivorous equivalent in sexuality... because, well, if his breeding bull is, omnisexual (that must be it), then those cats are in deep, deep trouble. One pump and it's goodbye... gay or straight.

22. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

...not fair...you forgot about god and guns...why do the gays get all the attenshun?

23. lorlie6 profile image73

Oh, jeeze, SOH.  Okay then, guns in the hands of gays are...godless.

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years agoin reply to this

...thanks....i feel much better....i was thinking tho....gays with big guns luv god...or god loves gays and guns...or just gays, guns and god....

1. habee profile image92

I know a gay guy with lots of guns, and he loves God. Anything's possible!

1. Ron Montgomery profile image61
          Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wayne LaPierre is gay?  Huh, who knew?

1. habee profile image92

Nah, he just sounds gay.

2. Castlepaloma profile image76
          Castlepalomaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Gays, guns and one god, OH MY!!!.

I'm feeling a little unlimited.

24. lorlie6 profile image73

Gays are gutsy in their god-fearing ways.  But when they bring out those goofy guns, watch out!

25. Cheeky Girl profile image66
    Cheeky Girlposted 13 years ago

I am amazed at how many people have responded to this forum post already. Someone emailed me and said my christmas hat is gay. Aaaaaw! It was only photoshopped! LOL! big_smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)