jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

How to edit URL and category of a hub

1. nick071438 profile image55
    nick071438posted 6 years ago

I'll try to explain my problem this way.  One of my hubs was marked DUPLICATE in red.  After a thorough and careful analysis, I decided that it be replaced because I knew of no way to improve it.  So I deleted all its capsules, text and pictures and so with the its title.  Everything.  Then using the same material where the previous hub was (point of economy was foremost in my mind) I copy-pasted an entirely new hub.  What was in mind was that I was editing.  After doing the finishing touches, I clicked the preview button and I discovered everything alright, except one. my new hub was carrying or attached to the category of the previous deleted hub. I postponed publishing said new hub until I'm properly guided.  Please help.  Thank you.

1. simeonvisser profile image87
      simeonvisserposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You can edit the category by editing the hub and then going to settings. You can change the category of the hub there. Lastly, you cannot change the URL of a hub, you must start a new hub if you wish to do that. You can put all the content in the new hub with a new URL.

nick071438posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Sir simeon ... thank you.  for helping untangled my problem.  I wish you good health, belated happy 2011 and may good hubber like you increase.  The hub in question is now published with an appropriate category.but carrying or under the URL of the old hub.  Is the publication of the new hub carrying the old URL okay?  Is there no violation?  If I opt for a new and appropriate URL for the hub and leave behind or discard the old URL, will it not be wastage of material?

1. simeonvisser profile image87
          simeonvisserposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks! Well, I don't see exactly which hub you are talking about but if you don't like the URL of the hub, you should change it now. Don't wait for many months because then the hub will be indexed in Google and people might link to it and that makes the URL harder to change. The title of a hub and the URL of a hub should be related if you want to rank well in Google - if you don't care about that at all then you don't have to change it.

However, the title of a hub and the URL don't need to be exactly the same. As long as they are closely related and they use the same or mostly the same keywords, you are fine.

I now decide to leave the old URL and create a new one for my new hub because you've helped me make the decision.  Thank you.

2. thisisoli profile image61
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

The Duplicate tag appeared because Hubpages system picked up that you coppied it (Or a large amount of text) from somewhere else.

If Hubpages can spot it, Google can spot it.

thisisoli sir / madam, thanks a lot for sharing the information.

working