No copied hubs!

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (25 posts)
  1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 13 years ago

All the little copyright tags have disappeared from my hubs, except for the one that is a duplicate that I have elsewhere.

Of course, that doesn't mean there are still copies out there but it feels good for a bit.

1. Edweirdo profile image86
      Edweirdoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Just because there are no copyright flags in your account page does not mean your hubs have not been copied!

I have never had one of those symbols in my account, and yet my hubs are stolen regularly! That's the reason I created HubDefender - the internal flagging here is not very comprehensive (at least not in in my experience)...

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
        Uninvited Writerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That is true, someone pointed one out to me that hubpages did not find.

2. Julie2 profile image61
        Julie2posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Edweirdo Thank you for creating the HubDefender, I began using it the other day. Others really need to try it.

2. Dorsi profile image88
      Dorsiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yeah!! Success at beating those hub thieves!!

2. lrohner profile image68
    lrohnerposted 13 years ago

Woot! Nice going, UW!

3. frogdropping profile image78
    frogdroppingposted 13 years ago

I've got a copied hub alert but the problem is it's been stolen dozens of times. I'm having a right job getting them all removed. Pisses me right off *sighs*

Congratz to you - it is nice when you locate the copied content and it's removed smile

4. travelespresso profile image69
    travelespressoposted 13 years ago

Good for you UW.  It must be a really nice feeling.

Another of mine's been copied - everything - even references to the fact that its my Mum's recipe and every photo taken in her kitchen.  I felt SO insulted.  I've contacted Buksia (sp?) and I've left a note in the comments section telling the copier that its my personal story etc!  Sigh indeed. 

However I am very happy for you and I'll look forward to that state on my stats too!

5. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 13 years ago

I'm so glad that none of mine have ever been stolen.  Not that I would ever rub it in of course! big_smile

6. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

Great to hear you got rid of them for a time Susan smile

I sent off two DMCA notices a few days ago and the duplicates are still up (I'd already written to the webmasters but they just ignored me).
    This time their host is getting them - actually just one host - a US company hosting sites in India and China.

How long does it normally take for them to take action? And if they don't, what then?

1. thisisoli profile image72
      thisisoliposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You should usually get a reply within 2 business days.  If 5 business days go by without a response send a reminder and mention that if the content is not removed then your attorney will begin cease and desist proceedings.

1. IzzyM profile image87
        IzzyMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks oli smile

I'll given them a few more days to account for the holidays over the new year period.

7. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 13 years ago

Yipee!  Good news for you!

I have my first ever copied hub, sigh.  And I have no clue how to find out where it is copied at!

8. viryabo profile image94
    viryaboposted 13 years ago

That's great news UW.
    If the c's do appear, where would i find them on my hubs?

9. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

you should get more information in your actual hub under stats (If memory serves).

10. Uninvited Writer profile image79

You can also check "copied hubs" on "my account" page. It gives you the URL of the copy they found.

11. tlpoague profile image80
    tlpoagueposted 13 years ago

That is one of my biggest fears is to have one of my hubs copied. I have been holding back on posting short stories because of it.
    Glad to hear that you got the problem fixed.

12. Bard of Ely profile image80
    Bard of Elyposted 13 years ago

That's great news, UW! I have got so fed up of trying to get copies removed from other sites I have lots of alerts depressingly littering my hubs list!

13. Uninvited Writer profile image79

Actually, my hub on cat accessories has a copyright symbol again. It disappeared and now it's back.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image90
      Rochelle Frankposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It's playing a cat and mouse game.

14. Ben Zoltak profile image82
    Ben Zoltakposted 13 years ago

This blows! Finally got a hub with some decent traffic (20+ views/day) and I got the "c" copied warning on it. Rereading this thread now, how and the hell do I track down and get the a=-holes that stole my content!  Grrrrr, makes me mad, I don't even make money here at HubPages, why can't they steal from someone who makes something!!!!!!!!!!!

Ben

Here's the stolen content hub:

http://hubpages.com/_13onadfz6q3yu/hub/ … gthen-Hair

1. Ben Zoltak profile image82
      Ben Zoltakposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I saw on another related hub (about stealing content) that the author would post the link to his article on the stolen one to at least have a back hub on the offending hub. Still pisses me off though.

I also read (it was stolen by a blogger website) that I should go to there provider but I can't find it on the page...

Just found a "report spam" feature on blogger, hopefully that does it...

15. PabstPenrose profile image61
    PabstPenroseposted 13 years ago

Now since I've gotten really good feedback on a lot of my short stories, I'm worried about them being copied. -_-

I know what you mean Pabst, thing is, I still think it's better to get at least some of yourself (as a writer and/or artist) regardless of the theft risk. Hubpages has proven to me you can fight some of it...some of it is harder to fight. Meanwhile, keep at getting your work to the public, if someone makes enough money from stealing your work, it should be easier to expose them in the future.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)