jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

2 Tips for Little success on HubPages

1. 0
    cookingdivaposted 5 years ago

These tips may not be new for expert Hubbers but as a relatively new (1.5 months) hubber, I learned two tricks that may help other new hubbers;

1. When you start a hub, leave it on draft for a few days to a week, it will rise on hub score. Do not wait too long to publish it. It will help your overall author score as well.

2. Everyone talks about backlinks being important and they are! But did you know, if you write on hub forums, answer question on "answers' section or leave thoughtful comments on other hubs, that also counts as a backlinks to your profile? It sure help.

I am still learning a lot and wanted to share these tips here.

1. englightenedsoul profile image60
      englightenedsoulposted 5 years ago in reply to this

1.I don't agree at all.  Leaving it on draft will only increase your hubscore, it will not have impact on your earnings.  So it is better if we publish hub as soon as we finish them.

2.Backlinks are necessary but you should create backlink to your hubs not your profile.  And at hubpages, the links in the comment section are nofollow so they are of little use.(Google only counts dofollow backlinks)

BTW, welcome to hubpages!!

1. 0
        TopUniverseposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes it is a good point. Link to our profile is not as much as beneficial than link to a hub.

2. David 470 profile image85
      David 470posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I think backlinks are important, but not as important if you write on topics that are low competition/high popularity.

2. sid_candid profile image61
    sid_candidposted 5 years ago

Thanks for the great advice. I appreciate that and wish you success at Hubpages.

3. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 5 years ago

Backlinks are links from other sites to your hubs. Links from other pages within HP to your hubs or profile are just that -- internal links. They are not the same as backlinks at all. Are they beneficial? Sure. But again, not in the same way as backlinks.

4. BRIAN SLATER profile image85
    BRIAN SLATERposted 5 years ago

my first tip would be to learn as much as you can from reading helpful tips on improving your hubs, as this can have a dramatic affect on your views and more importantly your adsense earnings.
    Secondly- work hard at giving unique quality hub information as this will pay dividends later down the line.

5. 0
    cookingdivaposted 5 years ago

Thank you all for feedback.

6. thisisoli profile image71
    thisisoliposted 5 years ago

Hubscore is not particularly important, get those hubs out as soon as they are ready to go!

Internal backlinks are useful, but you will probably get more benefit from interlinking your hubs than forum posting!

I have a hub on backlinks you might find useful, it is a rather complex subject.