jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Answers section question

1. 0
    cookingdivaposted 5 years ago

I am curious some questions in "Answers" sections tend to get all negatives votes, no matter how one answers. It happens mostly on a few type of questions, or hubbers. Have you noticed it?

I am almost feel like staying away from Answers section as I do not know proper way to reply without answering one of "negative" answers question. Does anyone have suggestions, thoughts on it? Just curious.

2. Moon Willow Lake profile image79
    Moon Willow Lakeposted 5 years ago

I guess I haven't really noticed this.

That said, I will say there was one question that I answered and all of the answers were similar to my answer and beliefs. All of us got negative votes. Perhaps someone in that circumstance just had the opposite viewpoint and wanted more of those types of answers. But, all I can do is speculate.

I often try to stay away from naturally "controversial" subjects and that may be why I haven't noticed this all that much. Sometimes, though, I do answer these types of questions and am often of the "minority" viewpoint and therefore get some negative votes.

I think it's wrong to vote down someone just because of a different viewpoint. I think that voting someone down should be saved for things like spamming, abusive language, and disrespectful comments, etc.

I think we all need to agree to disagree.

3. ryeder profile image60
    ryederposted 4 years ago

Maybe....one needs to ask the right question.

4. sofs profile image86
    sofsposted 4 years ago

I have asked a couple of question and people have randomly voted down the answers.. though it is clearly mentioned that we vote down only those answers that really do not relate to the question.. and not if one disagrees with the answers..
    Yet, people do it all the time because they can do it. That is about all.