jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)

GRRRRR.... Cox is killing me....

1. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 6 years ago

Online Chat Support: 

Status: Analyst Romina is here and your issue status is: working Problem:Hi, I cannot access my site www.marwrut.ru. Site is accessible from other providers. I have tracert results both from me to there, and from hoster to your gateway.  user Mikhail has entered room

We are experiencing higher than usual service times. Please wait and an analyst will be with you shortly.

analyst Romina has entered room

Romina>> Welcome to Cox High Speed Internet Service Online Technical Support.

Mikhail> hi, thanks

Romina>> I understand you are having difficulties with Web sites.

Romina>> Is that correct?

Mikhail> with a particular site

Mikhail> that happens to be mine

Romina>> Are you using Internet Explorer?

Mikhail> both IE and FF give timeout

Romina>> In this case, I will suggest you delete your Internet Explorer cookies and temporary files. To clear the cookies in Internet Explorer, please do the following:

1. Open Internet Explorer.

2. Click [Tools], then click [Internet Options].

3. Under "Temporary Internet files", click [Delete Cookies...]. The Delete cookies window will appear, Click [OK].

4. On the Internet Options window, Click [OK].

Romina>> Are you able to save these steps?

Mikhail> and what do you suggest me to do with firefox?

Romina>> In this case, I suggest you follow the steps below:

1. Open Firefox.

2. Click on [Tools], then select [Options...].

3. Click the [Privacy] icon.

4. Under "Private Data", click the [Settings] button.

5. Check the boxes for the type of data that should be erased when clearing private data, then click [OK].

6. Under "Private Data", click [Clear Now].

7. Click the [Clear Private Data Now] button.

8. Click [OK].

Romina>> Are you able to save these steps?

Mikhail> I am certainly able to save them, and I am almost sure they will not help. I am also almost sure I will get disconnected from you. After I get connected again, I will have to wait in the line again, right?

Romina>> If the difficulty persists or if there are any further inquiries you would like to address, do not hesitate to contact us back for further assistance.

Romina>> Is there anything else I can help you with today?

Remote Control Status:  Chat

1. shazwellyn profile image82
      shazwellynposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The worse thing is... you just know what they are going to say before they say it... and when they do, you have a feeling of hopelessness decend like the cloud of doom you knew you would have before you start. arggggggh!

2. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 6 years ago

LOL.....I'm sorry.   Isn't that just typical?

1. Misha profile image75
      Mishaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I bet it is LOL

3. AEvans profile image68
    AEvansposted 6 years ago

Cox can be a pain and many are reading from a script without common sense. Let them know your expertise and they will take you to another level. lololo seriously. smile

1. Misha profile image75

I have to wait another 40 minutes to get to them again. If I have to, i will, but after I posted this I got another idea what could go wrong and i will check it first. Nice to see you Julianna smile

4. thisisoli profile image57
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

That is atrocious customer service.  I recently left servage because of hteir poor quality cusomter care, I then moved over to hostgator. Those guys will not only help me with server issues, but also technical website issues, I cn say hands down that if they keep up this quality of care I am not going to leave them, and will always recommend them.

1. Misha profile image75

they are my ISP, and I really don't have choice - at least it works. The only other choice in the area besides going totally wireless is Verizon, and i have a hub on why I never ever again deal with them LOL.

5. skyfire profile image74
    skyfireposted 6 years ago

Ha Ha, you do like to play huh ? lol

1. Misha profile image75

LOL She just left me speechless. It does not happen too often big_smile

6. sunforged profile image70
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

if it helps - the site loads in seconds from where i sit

1. Misha profile image75

Thanks Joshua, I know. It is not a site problem, it is me accessing it from a particular IP problem. i was able to load it using my wife's computer through her job VPN just fine. smile

working