jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Writing competitions

1. Sarah Masson profile image79
    Sarah Massonposted 5 years ago

Hello everyone. I just wanted to ask how you make sure that writing competitions are legitimate and if anyone has any good sites with competitions etc. Thanks smile

2. pilesnoway profile image60
    pilesnowayposted 5 years ago

writing competitions are legitimate when they are affiliated with publications (such as magazines and newspapers) or any agency (say government or non-government). Online writing competitions on the other hand are legitimate when they are from credible sites.wink

1. thisisoli profile image72
      thisisoliposted 5 years ago in reply to this

like hubpages which has one starting right about now wink tongue

3. Sarah Masson profile image79

I've been looking at so many sites trying to find writing competitions but I guess I don't trust easily. Is the only competition on Hubpages about finances?

4. tlpoague profile image89
    tlpoagueposted 5 years ago

What type of writing competition are you looking for?
    There are different types of challenges here on HP. It is even encouraged to start one of your own. Have you tried to write a hub in 30 minutes, or the 30 hubs in 30 days challenge?

5. 0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

In terms of creative writing, I will be happy to check out any website for you, as well as helping you find others. There are some criteria for finding out whether enrollment will be in your best interests.

6. Sarah Masson profile image79

tlpoague - Probably creative writing I'm looking at but not really stuck on anything in particular.

Website Examiner - Thankyou very much for your help, I'd appreciate it smile