jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

HP Page viewed, adsense impression pages and click and analytics!!

1. dave360 profile image78
    dave360posted 5 years ago

I think something's wrong wiht my account!?!

I had so far a total of 1754 page viewed according to HP but only 839 on adsense thats not even 50% and the conversion rate is falling.
    Lately I get about 70 page viewed on HP each day and that translate in only 1-5 page impressions each day on adsense.

Other problem is that those 839 adsense page viewed converted in only 2 clicks, thats a very low rate i think!

Also my google analytics show no data at all so far, althought i think i have set up the account just right!

2. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 5 years ago

Welcome to HP, Dave smile I notice you have been here 8 weeks. This must be taken into consideration. Traffic will ebb and flow, some more than others. There are a lot of helpful articles for traffic, analytics, etc. smile Just use the search bar at the top. I'm sure you will find what you need.

3. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 5 years ago

A few things to keep in mind...

The HP stats show you all of the impressions, but when it comes to AdSense, HubPages gets 40% of the impressions and you get 60%. You said your AdSense is showing 839 impressions which really isn't that far off.

Also, HP and AdSense show different time periods. HP is on a rolling 24-hour, while AdSense shows a calendar day. HP's stats are pretty immediate (from what I can tell), and AdSense impressions are slightly delayed.

Take a look at where your traffic is coming from. Most new hubbers tend to get a lot of traffic from other hubbers at the beginning before search engine traffic really kicks in. The problem is, hubbers don't click on ads. So if your traffic is mainly coming from HP, I would expect you to have a very, very low CTR.

4. thisisoli profile image73
    thisisoliposted 5 years ago

An adsense page view is also not a page visit. Adsense requires a visit to fulfill certain criteria before it is classed as a page view.