jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (15 posts)

Why Do I have so less followers?

1. sid_candid profile image60
    sid_candidposted 5 years ago

I have just 373 followers and have been around for almost 15 months. I have published close to 210 hubs. People who have been around here for 15 months and have 200 hubs have way more followers than me.

Well guys I also keep losing a follower or two every 3-4 days. Please let me know whats wrong here so that I can work on it. Are my hubs not good enough? Do you find my Profile page not so impressive? Please let me know my mistake? smile

1. Pandoras Box profile image84
      Pandoras Boxposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Naw, it's nothing like that, Hon. We all just got together and decided we didn't like you anymore.

It's okay, don't take it personal. I'm totally just bullshitting.

No clue. Wouldn't worry about it myself.

2. Aficionada profile image93
    Aficionadaposted 5 years ago

Hi, sid_candid -

Your numbers actually sound very good to me, and I wouldn't worry about them if I were you.  Numbers of followers have little or nothing to do with success on HubPages.

But you did ask about possible mistakes, and your forum post here does have several typos in it.  I don't know whether that is also true of your Hubs, but it might be a place to start checking carefully.

Still, there are several highly successful Hubbers here who have forum posts that are chockful of typos and errors of all kinds, because they are in a hurry; so your typos really may not be a problem for you at all.

Maybe you could start by clarifying what it is that bothers you about losing a follower or two every few days or about not having as many followers as some other Hubbers do.  (Welcome to the club, by the way!)

3. sid_candid profile image60

Thanks a lot for your feedback Aficionada. I have made some corrections in my above forum post. I cannot believe I made those mistakes thanks anyway for pointing them out. smile

4. frogdropping profile image85
    frogdroppingposted 5 years ago

Sid it's not how many 'followers' you have so much as how many actually interact with you. I reckon I have about 20 or so. Don't sweat it. The quality of your work and efforts is not measured by followers.

5. sid_candid profile image60

Thanks frogdropping for your kind and encouraging words.

6. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

My best money making accounts now are the ones without followers. smile

7. snakebaby profile image72
    snakebabyposted 5 years ago

True, number of followers have nothing to do with your success here. I've only got 55 followers in 9 months and I'm not worrying about it, I may lose some over the time because some of them are not serious followers. I don't follow people often myself, that is why I may not be able to get the number of followers you have right now even in three years.

About getting more followers, one way I know for sure is that some people keep on following others blindly, and in hope that others will follow back in return therefore gaining followers artificially. But that turn out to be totally waste of time. I've seen hubbers with very high scores have only handful of followers.

8. 0
    TopUniverseposted 5 years ago

As WryLilt said, don't worry about the followers and concentrate more on other areas.

9. IzzyM profile image85
    IzzyMposted 5 years ago

Hey Sid I just followed you! Hope that makes up for the ones that are disappearing smile

10. sid_candid profile image60

Thanks Izzy. I have always been a huge admirer of your work at hubpages. I highly appreciate the support received from you.

11. darkside profile image83
    darksideposted 5 years ago

You're not going to make money from followers.

They can only follow you because they're signed up to HubPages. And that means they are far less likely to buy a product through an Amazon capsule or click on an ad.

It's the traffic from search engines that will make you money.

12. camlo profile image84
    camloposted 5 years ago

I have even fewer Followers than you, Sid, and I've been here just as long. But, I must say, I have a lot of very good followers, and I only follow the best. wink

13. Mikeydoes profile image79
    Mikeydoesposted 5 years ago

My followers drop all the time, I'm sure most of the time it is someone who followed you and wanted a follow-back. If you can name the person who isn't following you, don't worry too much about it.

14. Pulse101 profile image74
    Pulse101posted 5 years ago

I don't care much on followers. Why I'm here is to share, earn and get more organic traffic.