jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

School Paper: One Huge Hub or Several Smaller ones?

1. melbel profile image91
    melbelposted 5 years ago

So I've broken my school paper up into nice sections for a hub, but the paper is nearly 1900 words long. Would it be best traffic-wise to turn this article into multiple articles - breaking up the sections into their own topics and editing them to make them more able to well, stand on their own. Then I could link them to each other. Or should I leave it alone and publish it as a huge hub?

2. tlpoague profile image88
    tlpoagueposted 5 years ago

When I ran into that problem, I broke it up into smaller hubs. It was easy to link them as long as the flow of hubs wasn't interupted.

3. melbel profile image91
    melbelposted 5 years ago

I think that's going to be what I'll end up doing. I'll have to do some tweaking so that each topic stands on its own, but I think it will be more rewarding for both me and readers. I had to go to several sources to write my paper and each section works well on its own because of the various topics I cover. Hopefully those who read the work like it enough or are interested enough to read related hubs. To be honest, I think each topic makes more sense when they are alone.

4. ahmar2 profile image59
    ahmar2posted 5 years ago

If you divide it into smaller hubs and link them together it will make it more readable plus you will have extra clicks on your ads because three articles will generate more impressions than one. Its common sense.

1. melbel profile image91
      melbelposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Not necessarily more impressions, because the article may fair much better in the search engines as the whole article than it would be divided up. It just depends on how well Google likes a piece, not the number of pieces. Quality > quantity any day. I just want to make it easier to read, understand, and digest. Yes, I would like more money but having several smaller articles doesn't necessarily mean that.