jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (10 posts)

If I Have a Hub Whose Goal Is to Make Money With Amazon.....

1. melbel profile image92
    melbelposted 5 years ago

I have a hub that isn't really an adsense earner because of the topic, but I have a lot of products I'm showing for the purpose of earning with Amazon, is it best to have a picture of one of the products up at the top where the first adsense ad shows (top right).

Currently I have that big adsense ad showing (it's a hub on cake toppers, one of my latest hubs) and I'm wondering if it would be best to kind of show off a product in that spot instead of putting adsense there.

1. ChuckHuckaby profile image60
      ChuckHuckabyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I guess it depends what you could earn on an amazon product vs an adsense click.  I've placed some pictures up top but as sunforged mentioned, that uses up a hotspot. So I'm reconsidering ...

2. CMHypno profile image90
    CMHypnoposted 5 years ago

I would leave the space for adsense - an Amazon picture won't earn you any money, an Amazon product in a capsule might, but I'm a great believer in hedging your bets.

3. Abbasangel profile image82
    Abbasangelposted 5 years ago

Yeah the adsense is relevant so you might even get clicks and action.

4. sunforged profile image68
    sunforgedposted 5 years ago

amazon module would be fine. A picture would be a waste of a sweet spot.

some heatmaps here may help -

its not a prime adsense spot -its a prime clickthrough spot

5. lou16 profile image83
    lou16posted 5 years ago

I have a particular set of hubs that get a lot of amazon sales and I have pictures on about half of them and adsense on the other half.   It doesn't seem to affect the sales when I have the picture in the intro or if I move it down, however I have had some adsense clicks on the ones with adsense.

Thanks for posting the question as I hadn't really examined these hubs until now and will be changing over to having adsense at the top of these particular ones.

6. Mikeydoes profile image81
    Mikeydoesposted 5 years ago

You can make money off of adsense for sure, don't leave it out.

7. melbel profile image92
    melbelposted 5 years ago

Well what if I put an Amazon thingie there instead? What would be better amazon or adsense in that spot?

8. Misha profile image74
    Mishaposted 5 years ago

Melanie, nothing and nobody will give you a definite answer but testing. Test, test, and test again smile

1. Mikeydoes profile image81
      Mikeydoesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That sounds about right.

If your gut feeling tells you that amazon ads there can make you more money, by all means do it. I just prefer having adsense at the top, because it is consistent. But he is right, we all speak from experience, it doesn't mean any way is right or wrong.