jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Turn Google Adsense Off?

1. brandonhart100 profile image81
    brandonhart100posted 5 years ago

I know it sounds crazy to you but I am considering turning my adsense off.  Although I joined in November Christmas was an Amazonian surprise!

Total items shipped 988
    TOTAL EARNINGS *$1,467.05

My adsense earnings during that time were about $180. - That might seem like a lot, but sometimes I feel like if you are focusing in on Amazon earnings rather than adsense, that adsense might just be a distraction to your customer or even an over-bombarded reason to leave my page(too many ads).  There were many times when a click away from my page was probably not worth the money I get from google as well.  My ECPM is $3.57 since I started.  How do I analyze this?

1. evvy_09 profile image86
      evvy_09posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Are you serious?  I only had one order for a book that cost $12 . 
      That is so awesome and congrats on a great payout.

2. sunforged profile image68
      sunforgedposted 5 years ago in reply to this

the sitewide average per click adsense vs amazon is greatly skewed towards adsense.

But such an average could no way promise what your personal returns would be.

If you wanted to focus on amazon and still have adsense on then you could just design your page in such a way that the adsense modules were pushed lower on the page and use the "sweet spots" for amazon  modules.

rather than read a-z and the bbc and the other various robotic suggestions from above, just experiment with your layout and you will find a middle ground that highlights what you want w/o allowing adsense to detract or distract

2. lrohner profile image85
    lrohnerposted 5 years ago

I really think you need to figure out how much you made per click through Amazon and compare that to AdSense before you turn anything off.

I made quite a bit off of Amazon in 2010 -- about the same as AdSense in fact. But when I compared the two on a per-click basis, AdSense paid me almost twice per click what I made from Amazon.

And I wouldn't bet the bank on Amazon either. As states begin to pass these Internet sales laws, Amazon is dropping all affiliates there. It's happened in North Carolina, Rhode Island, Hawaii, etc.

3. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 5 years ago

If you read the rules for turning off AdSense you will see that to do so you must not have any outgoing links to any commercial site or concern.  That would include Amazon.

I suggest you read the FAQ and TOS.

4. brandonhart100 profile image81
    brandonhart100posted 5 years ago

@ Relache - Thanks that's very interesting, although I can't imagine that if it benefited both me and HP that it should really be a big deal, but I didn't realize that was part of the TOS.