jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Title should exactly be the keyword or it should contain keyword?

1. Tumba profile image62
    Tumbaposted 5 years ago

Hey all,

Could you please let me know, that should title be exactly same as chosen keywords, or is it okay if 'contains' keywords?

Thanks as always

2. kephrira profile image61
    kephriraposted 5 years ago

It is ok if you have other words as well as the keyword, but it does water down the seo affect, so you should keep it succinct. Purely for seo it would probably be best to just have the keyword and nothing else, but remember that it has to look interesting and get people to click through from ther search results too, otherwise there is no point in getting a high position.

1. Tumba profile image62
      Tumbaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks kephira smile

I have seen lot of blogs with long titles.. targeting lots of keywords at the same time? Is that advisable?

Also, for a hub like "How To", it becomes a need to include something like, "Steps to create/make", or "How to create/make". Is that okay?

In one of my latest hub, I chose the title as "Free Printable Calendar:How to make free printable calendar" for the keyword, free printable calendar. Is this fine?

1. HerbalMarvel profile image59
        HerbalMarvelposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It depends.  Rubbish answer I know but it really does!

If the competition for the keywords is very difficult you will want to focus entirely on that and not try water it down.  But if they are pretty easy to rank for them spreading it out amongst a bunch of words to bring in more traffic would be better

For myself I target 1 specific keyword for title and main keyword, then sprinkle in a few related keywords (ideally that contain the main keyword in the phrase).  it doesn't always work but LSI (look it up - a lot of great stuff out there) is a useful trick in bringing in traffic