URL channels - Adsense

1. Richieb799 profile image68
    Richieb799posted 5 years ago

I've noticed that my Xomba channel doesn't seem to show any earnings in my Adsense account, where as my Snipsly URL shows a few pence..Also in Google Analytics my Xomba traffic is identical to my Hubpages traffic, can you think what might be the problem?

1. Mikeydoes profile image81
      Mikeydoesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I just started using URL channels now, wish I did it earlier. Thought I'd bump this for you, in case I run in to that problem.

2. daybreak profile image63
    daybreakposted 5 years ago

Adsense earnings can be very hard to predict. Click through rates (CTR) often vary widely due to a variety of factors which can include ad placement, audiences, old fashioned luck and other factors.

I have found that it is hard to compare sites unless you are seeing large numbers of traffic.

By the way, our terms of service restricts us from discussing exact numbers for CTR and other aspects of adsense, although we should be fine talking about general trends.

If I had to take a wild guess at why adsense on hubs might outperform other platforms, I would say the two biggest factors are ad placement and traffic sources (search traffic is often more profitable than other sources).