jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

How do you know what pictures of celebrities you can use on your hub??

1. Ann Smith profile image60
    Ann Smithposted 8 years ago

I am interested in doing some hubs that profile certain film directors or celebrities.  There obviously are countless pictures on the Internet that I could go download and save to my computer and use.  How, though, do you know what is legal to use?

Another example would be if I wanted to do an article on Tony Snow, who died today. His picture is all over the news media now, but I do not know which ones I could actually use.

As always, thanks for your patience and sharing of information as I continue to learn the ropes!

-- Ann

2. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 8 years ago

This page explains the basics of copyrights, http://www.copyright.gov/circs/circ1.html

3. Ann Smith profile image60

Thanks but this is a ton of legalize.  Does anyone have the basic rule of thumb on this topic?  I appreciate it.

4. privateye2500 profile image59
    privateye2500posted 8 years ago

THAT, my dear, is a very good question due to copy-write issues.

I would ask Isabella Snow on hubpages here - do a search for her name.  She seems yto know because she uses anything she find!

Here is a great example of one of her celebrity hubs - I doubt she asked about copywrite.

5. Ann Smith profile image60

Could anyone else chip in on this one? I have been doing Internet searches on this topic, and it seems like it can get pretty complex.  The way to go apparently is common licenses agreements, but even then you are supposed to link back to certain pages, etc.  (I gather).  There is no straightforward tutorial I can find out there on this issue.  It would make a great hub!  hint, hint!  ;-)

6. 0
    terrygposted 8 years ago

I use a free service.

That should help you.

7. Ann Smith profile image60

I found this blog on how to legally use flickr photos. I have installed the script it recommends but find only the TEXT capsule is reading the HTML code, but it will not pull the actual picture.  And, then if I post the HTML code in a PHOTO capsule and upload the picture, it will not link back to the site.

http://www.dazzlindonna.com/blog/2008/0 … kr-photos/