jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (12 posts)

Are we allowed to have more than 1 Hubpages account?

1. KellyatHome profile image60
    KellyatHomeposted 6 years ago

Hey guys, I'm new here and I have a question. Are we allowed to have more than 1 account with the same amazon id, adsense account etc?

Kelly

1. Froggy213 profile image38
      Froggy213posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes you can, but you must use your same id #'s.
      I personally only have the 1, but there are others who have multiples.
      Go to the help section and read up, you can learn a lot there.

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago
  3. Aficionada profile image91
    Aficionadaposted 6 years ago

Oh yes!  Some have many HP accounts.

In fact, you are only allowed to have one adsense account.  Whatever HubPages accounts, blogs, etc. you have all across the internet are supposed to be on the same account. 

However, I have heard of one possible exception, which I'll allow someone else to explain, since I'm not certain about it.

1. 0
      Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'd call that a bit vague. I think maybe what you have in mind is that AdSense allows a personal account holder to open a business account. However, the business must be legally separate such as a corporation.

1. Aficionada profile image91
        Aficionadaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

True, it was vague.  Thank you for providing the explanation that I was not certain about! smile

4. Flightkeeper profile image78
    Flightkeeperposted 6 years ago

Yes and many hubbers do have more than one account here.  But in the forums you are only supposed to use one hubber identity.

If I understand it correctly, what this means is that in one forum thread you are only allowed to use one HP identity.  If you are in a different forum thread, you are allowed to use a different identity, as long as that is the only one you use in that particular thread.

1. Flightkeeper profile image78
        Flightkeeperposted 6 years ago in reply to this

No, I meant that you are allowed only one hubber identity on the forums regardless of how many threads you engage in.

1. 0
          Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The rules are quite clear, although the difference is subtle. HubPages asks a person to only use one account in the forums. Use of multiple accounts in a single thread is expressly forbidden. The former is an informal request, the latter is a formal and binding rule.

http://hubpages.com/help/forum_rules

I appreciate the clarification here.  Even though I read the rules when I first joined, I had forgotten that distinction; and, over these months, seeing several Hubbers following the formal and binding rule, but not the informal request, I had actually forgotten that it was a request at all.  It's good to be reminded of that.

5. KellyatHome profile image60
    KellyatHomeposted 6 years ago

Thank you everyone! People here are really helpful!

working