jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (15 posts)

duplicate message on my hub?

1. profile image0
    coffeewriterposted 6 years ago

duplicate message on my hub? Not sure why this message was posted on my hub? Can I request my hub is activated as before...

I wrote this hub, and not aware of other blogs posting my article? If there is any other blogs posting my article without my permission can you please provide the url so I can request my article is removed from their blog..

Thank you for the professionalism, and have a nice day!

1. Shadesbreath profile image89
      Shadesbreathposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Did you write this article and post it somewhere else first? If so, that's why. Reposting your own stuff from other websites is still duplicate content even though you own the copyright.

If you ripped it from somewhere else, then, well, that's why.

1. profile image0
        coffeewriterposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I wrote this hub, and not aware of other blogs posting my article? If there is any other blogs posting my article without my permission can you please provide the url so I can request my article is removed from their blog...

Thank You!

1. IzzyM profile image87
          IzzyMposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Put a couple of sentences from your hub into a Google search, and it'll show up.

1. profile image0

Run my hub url in copyscape- It's clean...  I did not find any other blogs- urls- using my article? Use this to search it's faster... http://www.graball.com

I am still waiting for hubs to show me any links- blogs posting my article, and if there is any- I will request they remove it asap... Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA)

Do you guys mind if I post this experience on warrior forums...

Kind Regards,

2. mistyhorizon2003 profile image89
    mistyhorizon2003posted 6 years ago

Is it possible that you wrote most of your article yourself, but a portion of it came from another website or was quoted from another site (whether written by you or not). Depending on the percentage of the hub that is found elsewhere on the Internet, you can generate a 'duplicate' flag as a result.
    Google is generally the best way to find duplicates quickly in my experience, but try doing several searches using various small portions of the article in case only part of it was copied.

1. profile image0

Run my hub url in copyscape- It's clean...  mistyhorizon2003- Go search, and Where is any sites with my article? I appreciate your time, and interest...

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image89
        mistyhorizon2003posted 6 years ago in reply to this

If you are checking the URL then you might not find anything, what you need to check is actual text from the article itself unless I am misunderstanding you. I am not familiar with Copyscape as I would use Google to search for a sentence or two if I was in your situation.
        Really your best bet is to email the Hubpage Team who will tell you exactly why your hub is receiving a duplicate flag and where the duplicate content is located.

3. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 6 years ago

Misty can't see your hubs to check anything. The forums are for hubbers just like yourself, not hubpages staff. If you want to contact them directly, email team@hubpages.com

1. profile image0

Thank you IzzyM, I did send an email to team@hubpages.com

Have a very nice day!

4. Shadesbreath profile image89
    Shadesbreathposted 6 years ago

Do what Izzy suggested, and paste a sentence or two from your hub into Google. It will show you where the other versions are.

1. profile image0

lol, once again I did not see any other sites with my article...

5. mistyhorizon2003 profile image89
    mistyhorizon2003posted 6 years ago

Extra interesting is that our OP is no longer a registered user. Am I the only one to suspect that maybe there was more to this 'duplicate content' / 'copied hub' than they made out???

1. Misha profile image74
      Mishaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That's why I am always very cautious of duplicate content posts smile

1. Abbasangel profile image81
        Abbasangelposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Smart way too be... smile

working