jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (10 posts)

Flashy-Bright Horrifying Ads on Hubs

1. Pandoras Box profile image82
    Pandoras Boxposted 6 years ago

Okay when did that start? They're like horrifyingly bright, tacky and obnoxious. In the sidebar -which is HP's territory if I recall correctly- and if you scroll down to get away from it, another one appears.

YOU HAVE JUST WON $1,000 FROM WALMART!!!!

It all looks very evil.

2. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

I saw it today after I checked analytics to see which hub gave a substantial click!  I don't know which ad generated the click, but that was one of them on the page.

3. sunforged profile image64
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago
  4. Pandoras Box profile image82

Gee there, Josh, I never knew that.

That was very helpful of you.

5. Midnight Oil profile image90
    Midnight Oilposted 6 years ago

Seems I am 'victim' of the flashy adverts too.  Not good on the old eyes either  sad

6. Pandoras Box profile image82

Okay I think I over-reacted. If that's a new hub, that's probably why it has it. I went through a bunch of mine on 3 other accounts and none of them have it, not one.

It takes a bit of time for adsense to match ads to your hubs, I knew that and should have realized it when I saw it on your hub Midnight.

So as long as our hubs are focused and on profitable topics, and we give it time for adsense to better match its ads, then we should be fine and not get horrid birght-flashy walmart ads on our hubs.

Sorry, false alarm.

smile

7. sunforged profile image64
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

did you look at the media kit?

http://hubpages.com/about/advertise#

scares me - reminds me of imdb

Pandoras Boxposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Ahhh, SF, no, my bad. Yeh I wasn't talking about those. That's wild.

Sorry. Obviously I misunderstood what you were refering to. I had no idea about those, and must go looking to find out more about how that works. That may produce the answer to this question for me, but why you no like? What did direct advertising do to IMDB?

8. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

mine is on an older hub.

the hub contains information about products that certainly could be purchased at walmart. I just checked again, it got moved down the page and is not flashing, it's right next to an amazon capsule. if it generated the click I got off that hub, I don't mind it being there.

Pandoras Boxposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yeh I wouldn't mind whatever makes clicks. Can't imagine such an ad would appeal to the bulk of my target audience however, but that's okay, don't think it would show in the bulk of my hubs.

So while I'm here and have your attention, maybe you can clear this up for me. The sidebar ads are not then exclusively HP's?

I don't know where I ever got that idea from, and I don't recall ever having seen the share described that way. But for some reason I have that in my head. Sidebar ads are HP's territory and have nothing to do with us.

Maybe I just got mixed up, like the sidebar itself is HP's territory and we can't in any way alter it, but the ads displayed there are still shared the same as the rest of the ads.

Is that it?

working