jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Why is a non-HP article showing up in a custom RSS feed I created?

1. wordscribe43 profile image94
    wordscribe43posted 6 years ago

I don't get it!  I set up a custom rss feed for my pet hubs and there is an article on there that's not only not mine, but on a totally different site!  What the???  Can anyone give me an explanation?  My rss feed has tags with my wordscribe name in it, too.  Nothing generic about it.

I am baffled and want a solution.

1. Edweirdo profile image93
      Edweirdoposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Can you paste a link to the feed here? Just disable the link by putting a space in the URL (like ht tp://) so it doesn't get snipped...

2. wordscribe43 profile image94

ht tp://hubpages.com/tag/wordscribe%27s+pets/hot?rss

Thanks for replying, Edweirdo, the RSS King, himself!

I don't see any non-hubpages links...

3. wordscribe43 profile image94

Okay, nevermind.... I was being stupid.  I'm not even going to tell you the retarded mistake I was making.  Okay, if you insist, I will.  It was a link I put in myself... just didn't see it was a separate link capsule.  I need sleep.

No worries! I was thinking that the apostrophe in your tag was the culprit, but that wasn't the case

And BTW, in case you haven't seen it, there's another way to do the same thing without using a specialized tag.

If you have the generic tag "pets" on your hubs, you can use this URL to only include your own hubs with that tag:

ht tp://hubpages.com/author/wordscribe/pets/hot?rss

The combination of "author" and your ID makes the feed exclusive to your hubs!

This has the added benefit of including your "pets"-tagged hubs in the generic HP "pets" tag-page at the same time...

working